It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User
Cold Laser Therapy

I've had CTS surgery in 2005 on both hands, 2009 for a second surgery on my right hand. While all of my surgery is a success, I have some pain, swelling in my hands and wonder if cold laser therapy would help. I just don't have a pain free life with my hands. I do PT on them about 2-3 times a week. I can do very little with them (typing, cleaning the house, etc) and be in pain by 10 am. I still have plenty of sensatiion in my fingertips not the numbness I've had in the past. I still can't seem to drive very far. Any one have this therapy not as an alternative to surgery but just to reduce swelling and pain? Thanks.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User
Re: Cold Laser Therapy--update

Update on my CTS and cold laser therapy. After 4 sessions cold laser therapy (CLT) didn't help me. However, going on an anti-inflammatory diet and doing more exercise has been good. I've lost 3 1/2 lbs in 11 days and I feel a lot better with more energy. I also have arthritis in my feet and that is almost half of what it was, painwise. I am now looking into the connection between poor circulation and CTS. I've always had that even as a kid. Arms and legs go to sleep easily. I've had surgery on my hands (2005 for both and 2009 for a repeat on the right hand). I feel like it was a success because I still have feeling in my fingertips.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply