It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2005, 12:53 PM   #46
Inactive
(male)

thomas3000 HB User
Re: Celiac Disease?

Hey Losec,

I agree, but i keep the junk to a minimun....I found out that i have an H. Pylori infection as well as roundworm..YUCK!! But my awesome doc says damage from gluten let these little suckers hang around...He's right...I have to clear the infections out and then watch my health get better and better...I'm 50 percent of where i could be...Did u ever get checked for GI infections?? Doc says if you're gluten intolerant, you'll have at least 1 infection...He found 2, and more testing on the way for parasites...I should write a book!! LOL see ya..

Old 05-04-2005, 01:07 PM   #47
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

nope never got checked but, im doing great

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2005, 01:56 PM   #48
(male)

WOlfman67 HB User
Unhappy Re: Celiac Disease?

Thanks..I'll look for it online.
I know that something is definitley wrong with me. I just got the results back from my doctor regarding my stool. They tested for parasites and everything came back negative...which I don't undertand! My stool was practically black. It's been that way for three weeks going on four! Another thing I have been reading about is this whole MSG thing. I had a tuna fish sandwich on gluten-free bread and after about 2 hours I started to yawn and my sinus's act up. It lasts about 5-10 minutes and it's over. Really weird.
The only other things I ate today was gluten-free cereal with Lactaid milk, An apple, some green grapes and that sandwich. Oh ....a soda with the sandwich. Caffiene free.
I guess I am just really frustrated becuase I am trying to find a job that has benefits and I can't!!!! I want to have an allergist look me over..but I can't afford any big doctor bill right now.
I try to think positive every day...I was so worried yesterday when I had those crazy chills..but I remembered I did eat waffles for breakfast. I'm assuming those have gluten in them as well.

Old 05-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #49
Inactive
(male)

thomas3000 HB User

Hey Wolfman,

Black stool may indicate bleeding in the stomach...What other abdominal symptoms?...Do you have an ulcer?? Have u been checked for bacteria in the stomach?? Black stool is nothing to mess with...You might have a bacterial infection as well as candida overgrowth...Start eating lots of broccoli for now and get checked for bacteria.....

Old 05-05-2005, 12:21 AM   #50

PETALS1 HB User
Unhappy Re: Celiac Disease?

I suffered a non epi seizure(3/04).The ER said it was due to hyperventalating,anxiety. I was told that was anemic. The GI doc ran the scope and found acid reflux(pretty bad case) heital hernia and CD. I received iv iron therapy.I read every thing I could to learn the diet.The spells still continued.After being hospitalized twice due to total fatiuge, unable to communicate seizure like spells. And in the ER twice, once due to my co-workers concern, and once visiting my mom at the hospital I had a spell in the elevator. When I mention CD, they just disregard it. They say it's a mental thing and I can control it. Not true! I have read that seizures can happen w/CD.
Any one else experianced this.
Debbie

Old 05-05-2005, 02:59 PM   #51
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

A doctor I had been seeing thought that my symptoms of major fatigue/exhasution and severe short-term memory loss might be due to Candida. I had a blood test done for Candida and I was in the normal range. The doctor said that sometimes people can still have too much Candida even though the lab tests are normal. I was put on a 21 day trial of Dilfucan(the generic version of it). It didn't help my symptoms at all though, so my doctor said that Candida wasn't a problem for me. Though, I've read that sometimes Candida can be hard to get rid of from medication alone. Is that true?

Concerning sweets, I usually eat chocolate just about every day, but I usually don't eat a lot of it when I do eat it. If I go a few days without eating chocolate, I start getting cravings for it.

By the way, is most organic foods and drinks gluten free? Losec20mg and Thomas3000, do you eat organic foods?

Old 05-05-2005, 04:36 PM   #52
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

yes some organic foods are gluten free like the ketchup i use is organic and, i can eat it and, no more acid heartburn .. it doesn't say gluten free on it but, i know it is because of its taste..its less agressive tasting then the gluten ketchup..read the labels if you want to be sure and, ask questions at your health food stores..its really worth it..
oh and, debbie are you having seizures again...im pretty sure that your seizures might be coming from gluten did you give this diet a try..its tough at the beginning but once you'v been on it for couple years its easy sailing..and, best of all you'll feel really good. ..take care and, give news.

remember if your gutt is sick you will feel sick all over.

Old 05-05-2005, 06:33 PM   #53

PETALS1 HB User

It was found that I had cd in 7/04. since that time, I have been eating gf. In the beginning it was a challenge,frusterating. I still get fed up but stick with it.I try to read all I can to avoid gluten. I do have a rash on my arms and down my legs. My joints ache in my feet alot of the time. swelling becomes an issue. The swelling might do the fact of mother nature of women.lol.
I am trying to see what time of the month the swelling kicks in.
I can tell when I get glutened. In the beginning of going gf, after about a month, I ate some homemade soup.Wrong broth! Boy was I hurting!!I can tell when I make a mistake. Live and learn I guess.
I wish I could find a doctor that understands cd completly.Re: seizures, my docs would rather think that it is in my head.
Debbie

Old 05-05-2005, 07:16 PM   #54
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

doctors did not study nutrition, they studied medication..if your still hurting like you said joints and, all..you'r not totally gluten free, personally i think gluten is a poison..especially for us

Old 05-08-2005, 09:40 AM   #55
Inactive
(male)

thomas3000 HB User

Hey Petals,

Since you have Celiac, you might have some underlying infections...This is not all in your head....Try a meat and fruits and veggies, nuts and seeds diet for a while...It's fun and you learn a lot....Stay away from even the GF junk for the time being...Stay away from conventional medicine, they know your sick but can't find the cause, that's why they said it's all in your head....They're stumped....I think in your case, you might have severly damaged intestinal tract, but I also promise you have some infections as well.....

Old 05-08-2005, 04:30 PM   #56
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

hi thomas, infections should all clear after some time on the GF diet..

Old 05-09-2005, 01:27 AM   #57

PETALS1 HB User

Thanks for your help,
I am going to attend a seminar Re: Celiac, May 21st in Los Angeles. I'm really looking forward to it. My hubby and MIL is going with me. I need to have them understand the side effects of CD so my M.D.'s will not only listen to me, but them as well.
Debbie

Old 05-09-2005, 10:30 PM   #58
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

So is gluten in all types of wheat products? Cause I thought that some wheat products, such as whole wheat breads, are supposed to be good for you?

Old 05-10-2005, 12:05 AM   #59
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Male
So is gluten in all types of wheat products? Cause I thought that some wheat products, such as whole wheat breads, are supposed to be good for you?
Whole wheat products are good for people who can handle the gluten. Whole wheat has lots of fiber, vitamins and minerals, which are all stripped away in the milling to make white flour. But the gluten remains, whether you're eating white or whole wheat products. The bottom line -- if your body has difficulties handling gluten, then ALL wheat products (also rye and barley and, for many people, oats) are going to present your body with gluten which the body can't handle.

--Rheanna

Old 05-10-2005, 12:29 AM   #60
Senior Veteran
(female)

rheanna HB Userrheanna HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Male
By the way, is most organic foods and drinks gluten free?
Organic foods supposedly have been grown without the use of pesticides or non-organic fertilizers (although that's not necessarily so -- just because the label says "organic" doesn't guarantee anything). But gluten doesn't come from pesticides or fertilizers -- it's a natural component of wheat, rye and barley, regardless of how they're grown. Gluten is a form of plant protein that makes bread dough so elastic -- that's why wheat became such a large part of the western diet -- wheat is so versatile and there isn't anything else that has the same properties.

I've developed a bread recipe using buckwheat, millet, rice and potato flours, milk powder, eggs, and guar gum to help hold it together. It's the moistest and best-textured recipe I've developed since I've been eating gluten-free. And tasty -- it satisfies my desire for "whole-grain" taste. BUT -- it ain't wheat, and the texture isn't the same.

In order to eat gluten-free, you MUST develop the habit of reading ingredient labels -- and know how to identify the "secret" words that mean that gluten is present. Check out websites on Celiac to find lists of those "secret" words -- like malt, hydrolized protein extract, ground spices (which may contain wheat), etc. And if you're hoping that a health-food store will be better than a grocery store in helping you to avoid gluten, keep in mind that the open bins from which people scoop their grains and such can be contaminated by using the same scoop in several bins, spilled grains into another bin, products stored next to each other in the warehouse, and so on.

--Rheanna

Closed Thread