It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2005, 09:54 PM   #1

PETALS1 HB User
Question HELP! Celiac disease.can't tollerate wheat/gluten

I have tested positive for celiac july 2004. This is where the villi in the intestine go flat and malabsorbtion, anemia, rash, etc.
Since going on a gf diet, I have gained weight. 40lbs. I have so many other medical issues such as seizures (non epi), fatigue, weakness. Does anyone else have these or simular problems?
Debbie

Old 04-04-2005, 12:49 PM   #2
(female)

tip2mol HB User
Re: HELP! Celiac disease.can't tollerate wheat/gluten

Hi,

Most people lose weight on a gluten free diet, however- I am wondering if you were suffering from diarrhea and most likely malabsorption from the stomach rejecting the gluten in your diet.
In that case- your stomach might be returning to normal and you now actually absorb the food that you eat- causing a weight gain until your system gets used to having the food in it again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2005, 03:46 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

it is normal for the first year to feel like this, because I was the same, the villi is healing and, you are also getting use to your new life stlye..give your self a little bit more time, maybe 4, 5 months or so. I also want to know how strict you are following your diet and, what exaclty you are eating..make me a list of everything you'r eating(breakfast, lunch, supper)

Old 04-07-2005, 03:04 PM   #4
(female)

sungirlcali HB User

How long did it take you guys until your doctor diagnosed you with celiac? Did you have positive tests? I'm almost certain I have it, but the test came out negative. It's been 4 years. Whenever I eat anything containing gluten, I run to the bathroom.

Last edited by sungirlcali; 04-07-2005 at 03:04 PM.

Old 04-07-2005, 06:12 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

my life as been a horror show, I think iv been gluten Intolerant since like 10, which means I went undiagnosed..I lived my whole life with this crazy Intolerant, and, never knew I had it..I always had acid reflux, seizures, depression, etc..rarely diareeha..its crazy how the symptoms can mimic from person to person..finally last year I got told im celiac..I feel like a new man..i swear to you iv never felt better in my life,,and, no more meds..now im 38 and, finally im living my life .. anyone with acid reflux should give this diet a try..

Old 04-07-2005, 11:01 PM   #6
(female)

sungirlcali HB User

Yup, I get the depression, acid reflux, diahrea...

Losec, who told you? Did a doctor do any tests? Or did they determine through elimination diet that you were celiac?

Old 04-08-2005, 07:46 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

hi,
they did tests on me because I was at the end of my rope(Iwas like deing.LOL)..I know so many people that got tested negative for celiac, but then do sooo much better when they don;t eat gluten, go figure. anyhow, you should go get tested..if you'r positive then you know but, before the tests you must consume large amounts of gluten..lots of fast foods everyday....if that doesn't work then you do the ilimination diet..remember you'r aiming to feel better, never mind what the docs tell you, they are there to make money with you..

take care, and let me know

Closed Thread