It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2009, 04:47 AM   #1
(female)

tessta91 HB User
Red face Sudden weight gain, especially stomach, gas, no cramps or pains .. celiac disease?

I'm an adolescent, and in the past month or so i've put on 3-5kgs (I think that's equivalent to 7-11lbs) and I haven't changed my diet or exercise regime (I go to the gym 5 times a week, and really sweat it out!). I also have never had a problem with gas, but since the weight gain I can't help myself
I went off my birth control pill, have been going to the gym more, eating less and healthier, all in attempts to shed these kilos - but theyre bloody stubborn!
Since the weight gain I've been paying attention to my trips to the bathroom .. apart from gas, I've noticed that I don't go very often. Probally once every two days?

In an attempt to go more, I've been stuffing myself with All Bran for loads of fibre, but nothing has changed - except for my stomach! It looks huge!

Gosh it's not fair, I feel horrible and I'm trying with all my might to lose these kgs but they are not listening ! Could I have celiac disease/gluten intolerance? No one in my family does

Old 08-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
(female)

cHrOnIcPaIn91 HB User
Re: Sudden weight gain, especially stomach, gas, no cramps or pains .. celiac disease

with celiac disease, its usually weight LOSS not gain because your body cannot absorb the proper nutrients thru the damaged villi in your small intestine.

im not a doc/expert at all, but if your concerned it is celiacs, google the symptoms and look to see if your symptoms match up.

sorry i couldnt be much more help.
Jacqui

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2009, 07:10 AM   #3
(female)

tessta91 HB User
Re: Sudden weight gain, especially stomach, gas, no cramps or pains .. celiac disease

yes, you are right, after that being said i did a bit of researching and im quite sure it couldn't be a gluten intolerance .. sighh another diagnosis i have to strike out :|
thanks,

Closed Thread