It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
(female)

luvleeme HB User
Unhappy Need opinions nurse practitioner says celiac disease

So I went to see my family Dr and there was a new one. A nurse practitioner actually. I presented her with all of my symptoms which I will put below. She then sent me to get a blood test done and a CT. When the results came back I went back in to see her but the day before that I ran a fever of 102.4 out of the blue felt fine but my lymph node in my groin was swollen then all the sudden I had flu like symptoms without feeling sick if that makes sense. I only had chills, aches, and fever. Then my fever went back down to the usual 99.9. So She said that the CT (she was looking at the abdominal mass I have that can be felt) report was sent to her and that they didnt find anything. So I asked about my other symptoms and she said she didnt really know but that I should go on a gluten free diet. She said that the monospot came back negative but I may still have mono, and that I am slight.y anemic. Did not tell me anything else. I was so frustrated I left. I had originally went to her for the debilitating fatigue! I have an appt with a new Dr Monday somewhere else but in the meantime I was wondering what anyone thought. Does it sound like lymphoma or could it be something else if so any ideas what it could be? Here are my symptoms:
1. FATIGUE!!!!!! (always tired & weak) (3-4 months now) (want to do sooo much but just can't)
2. Lymph nodes in neck, armpit, and groin are swollen (Dr. found them) and they are sometimes tender but not most of the time. (4-5 months now)
3. Spleen and liver slight enlarged (Dr felt that) (1 month that I know of)
4. Diarrhea/Constipation-changes between the 2 but mostly diarrhea. Have tried to watch diet but no change happens even if I don't eat (6 months)
5. Fever- usually 99.9 but will go up and give me the flu like symptoms out of the blue without feeling sick (last 2 weeks)
6. Loss of appetite/feel full soon after eating (2 months)
7. Sweating profusely during day and drenching night sweats all over body
8. Coughing (dry, normal) with shortness of breath after I walk up a few stairs so out of breath I can't talk for a minute or two. (I do smoke though)
9. Low back pain
10. Mildly anemic
11. FATIGUE!!!!!!
Thank you all for reading this and for responding I really appreciate all the input anyone can give. I just feel like maybe I am crazy since the nurse practitioner thinks this is nothing that serious.

God Bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
Re: Need opinions nurse practitioner says celiac disease

I have Celiac also. Come see us on the Immune Disorder Board. Oleander

Old 02-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
(male)

HBart HB User
Re: Need opinions nurse practitioner says celiac disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvleeme View Post
So I went to see my family Dr and there was a new one. A nurse practitioner actually. I presented her with all of my symptoms which I will put below. She then sent me to get a blood test done and a CT. When the results came back I went back in to see her but the day before that I ran a fever of 102.4 out of the blue felt fine but my lymph node in my groin was swollen then all the sudden I had flu like symptoms without feeling sick if that makes sense. I only had chills, aches, and fever. Then my fever went back down to the usual 99.9. So She said that the CT (she was looking at the abdominal mass I have that can be felt) report was sent to her and that they didnt find anything. So I asked about my other symptoms and she said she didnt really know but that I should go on a gluten free diet. She said that the monospot came back negative but I may still have mono, and that I am slight.y anemic. Did not tell me anything else. I was so frustrated I left. I had originally went to her for the debilitating fatigue! I have an appt with a new Dr Monday somewhere else but in the meantime I was wondering what anyone thought. Does it sound like lymphoma or could it be something else if so any ideas what it could be? Here are my symptoms:
1. FATIGUE!!!!!! (always tired & weak) (3-4 months now) (want to do sooo much but just can't)
2. Lymph nodes in neck, armpit, and groin are swollen (Dr. found them) and they are sometimes tender but not most of the time. (4-5 months now)
3. Spleen and liver slight enlarged (Dr felt that) (1 month that I know of)
4. Diarrhea/Constipation-changes between the 2 but mostly diarrhea. Have tried to watch diet but no change happens even if I don't eat (6 months)
5. Fever- usually 99.9 but will go up and give me the flu like symptoms out of the blue without feeling sick (last 2 weeks)
6. Loss of appetite/feel full soon after eating (2 months)
7. Sweating profusely during day and drenching night sweats all over body
8. Coughing (dry, normal) with shortness of breath after I walk up a few stairs so out of breath I can't talk for a minute or two. (I do smoke though)
9. Low back pain
10. Mildly anemic
11. FATIGUE!!!!!!
Thank you all for reading this and for responding I really appreciate all the input anyone can give. I just feel like maybe I am crazy since the nurse practitioner thinks this is nothing that serious.

God Bless
I have had many of the above for 5 months now also - shortness of breath, swollen nodes (one persistent in neck, at times others have come and gone), bloated abdomen and super-full feeling after eating, low back pain, and fatigue plus some weird joint pains.

I thought my symotoms sounded like lymphoma but the none of the docs was concerned. I had 2 neg CT scans and endo/colonoscopy. Eventually one doc suggested FNAC of the node which came back with a diagnosis as a reactive node but no insight into root causes.

So, I have no insight for you but as I continue with tests I'll let you know if I get any - and would obviously love to learn if you learn anything concrete.

Closed Thread