It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
(male)

scottyg354 HB User
Celiac? Nowhere else to turn.

From the time I was 19 I have had a multitude of tests ran. Endoscopy and Colonoscopy (around 20 years old), Ultrasound (Around 22), Multiple blood tests and nothing shows up.

I recently found out that I am hypothyroid which was sort of helpful. Only thing is my TSH levels and everything are within range but my stomach issues continue.

I came to the conclusion that a food allergy might be within the realms of possibility. Beats the hell out of the IBS Tag.

Right now I have the following issues:
-Gas (Foul Almost Sour Smelling 95% of the time)
-Stomach Noises
-Mild Abdominal Discomfort (Mainly left side and lower middle)
-GERD (Occasional Gnawing in Stomach)
-Diarrhea, Constipation, Flat Ribbon Stool (Colors Change Yellow,Orange, Green occasionally brown)
-Occasional Imcomplete Evacuation
-Unable to lose weight (Possibly related to thyroid)
-Mild Fatigue
-Irritability
-Dry Elbows and Legs and Skin Boils
-Dry Mouth
-Plain old crappy feeling 75% of the time

Please note that there has never been blood in my stool or on the toilet. Occasionally I get bright pink small streak on the TP from Hemmie's.

I'm never really in extreme pain. Only in discomfort.

I have not tried to cut out Gluten, but I am going to start this weekend. My doc is encouraging me to try this. So I am going to give it a go. Just wanted some opinions from people who are Celiac.

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 02-09-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Please do not post unapproved website links- Posting Policy. (Some "Approved" websites in "Resources" tab- bottom screen)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
(female)

cbg10 HB User
Re: Celiac? Nowhere else to turn.

Hi hi, Sounds like you are having major problems. I am wondering why your doctor isn't testing you for CD? He must have some questions about CD as well if he is encouraging you to try eliminating gluten. We all have such different symptoms that continue to make it hard for doctor's to diagnose. My best to you as you work through these health issues. It isn't fun, I well know but hopefully, you will get it all figured out and get to feeling much much better. cbg10

Last edited by cbg10; 07-24-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
(female)

mochima HB User
Re: Celiac? Nowhere else to turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg10 View Post
Hi hi, Sounds like you are having major problems. I am wondering why your doctor isn't testing you for CD? He must have some questions about CD as well if he is encouraging you to try eliminating gluten. We all have such different symptoms that continue to make it hard for doctor's to diagnose. My best to you as you work through these health issues. It isn't fun, I well know but hopefully, you will get it all figured out and get to feeling much much better. cbg10

Personally I strongly suggest that you go to an orthomolecular doctor, clinical/orthomolecular nutritionist in case your isn't before they put you on pharmaceuticals that will cause more harm than good in the long run and won't "cure" the problem or take care of the cause. Good luck!

Closed Thread