It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
(female)

kittymrow HB User
Question My stomach needs your help!

I have been having stomach pains for the last 4 months that started out as stomach aches at night, then happened when I ate large fatty meals, then after I ate anything, and now I have a constant pain in my lower right side more towards the front of my stomach that gets worse after I eat. I went to the Urgent care and they told me everything felt fine, and I had blood work done that said my kidneys were fine. I have been taking probiotics and Ibuprophen as theories by doctors and chiropractors. They both said it might be Celiac disease, so I was thinking of cutting gluten out for a few weeks and seeing if that helps. Would it be better for me to get tests done or just try to figure it out myself? I don't have health insurance that covers anything but accidents so that is my other problem. A cost efficient, effective way to figure out what is wrong would be really helpful. Going to the doctor just frustrates me since I always leave with a theory but not an answer and as a working student, I just need to get this figured out. Help!

Old 05-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
(female)

emerrube HB User
Re: My stomach needs your help!

I find the doctor frustrating and not any better at finding the problem. If you can...do it yourself. That's my opinion.

Keep a food journal. Write down everything you are eating: meals, snacks, and drinks. And also keep track of how you feel. I'm not sure how long it'll take, but you'll start seeing a pattern after awhile. For some people they find out it's a food allergy, like bananas...or something simple. It's not always simple. Just giving ideas.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread