It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 03:31 AM   #1
(female)

zachsma HB User
Is everything connected?

Hi! I'm new here and waiting for my celiac blood panel to come back. A little history about myself. I'm 39 yo woman (married for 19 years) with no past medical issues other than recurrent miscarriages (10 m/c and one infant death due to premature birth) and migraines. I never had any GI issues growing up. The first "episode" I ever had was about 4 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter. It started with horrific sulfur burps, bloating, diarrhea (that looks like there is grease floating on top), and then vomitting. It was so intense and like nothing I ever experienced before. I knew it wasn't a normal 24 hour bug because noone else in the house caught it. I didn't experience another episode until a little over two months ago. As soon as the sulfur burps started, I knew what I was in for. This time I headed for the doctors (we are a military family and live in Germany). They sent me to a German GI doc who did a colonoscopy and said eat more fiber. Well, in the past ten weeks this has happened about 12 times!!! I'm terrified to eat! It seems (through writing down what I eat) that if I eat a meal heavy in pastas/breads/GLUTENS that the next day I am sick as the devil! I finally went back to my regular doctor and he did a full celiac blood panel (about 10 days ago) and I am waiting on those results. he did say that recurrent m/c are common in women with Celiac.

I'm also really interested in my kids. My oldest is 18 and he has what the doc has always called a "very sensitive stomach" and also constantly broke bones as a child. Literally, he had 4 broken bones by the age of four - and not from any crazy activities! My 6 year old daughter for the past year and a half has been in and out of the doctors for what they bounce back and forth with a dx of CVS (cyclic vomitting syndrome) or abdominal migraines. She gets sick to her stomach throws up and has diarrhea (not the amount that I do). It happens quite often and it goes as quickly as it comes. My other daughter (who is almost 4) doesn't have any gi issues, but has battled terrible exzema since she was born. None of the meds, steroids, ect will get rid of it. She will get a bit of relief, but as soon as the meds are finished we are back to square one.

Noone in my family has ever been dx with celiac, but I'm just curious if all of our symptoms are related!
Thanks for reading and for any advice you might have!

Last edited by zachsma; 11-10-2011 at 03:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread