It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
(female)

KSMom2012 HB User
Will A CT Scan Show Celiac Damage?

I had negative blood test for celiac in the past two weeks. I've had an abdominal scan, a gall bladder function test, and now a CT scan. All are "normal"....

But I know I have celiacs disease. I have an appt for an upper and lower GI scheduled in 2 weeks... and I'm waiting on my CT results.

Initially my Dr wouldn't run a celiac test. I went off gluten for 2 months while we did other testing - anytime I had any.... I was SUPER bloated, cramping... so sick. I FINALLY get the blood test - and it's negative (?) So I have 2 bites of bread last night and almost went to the ER - the pain was so bad. From initial bloating - to left side cramps that about make me pass out.

Will they be able to see anything in my CT scan? This is insane.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
(female)

KSMom2012 HB User
Re: Will A CT Scan Show Celiac Damage?

I got my own answer today. They said "nothing" was wrong with me, other than some stool.

If I didn't already know what was wrong with me, I'd be pretty upset right now. I feel confident that my GI tests next week, will confirm what I already know to be true.

They said there was no inflamation, or masses (Praise God!).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
(male)

souriya123 HB Usersouriya123 HB Usersouriya123 HB User

you may not have celiacs you may be gluten intolerant
( just because you are ill when you eat gluten does not mean you have celiacs)

Last edited by souriya123; 04-12-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:25 AM   #4
(female)

KSMom2012 HB User

I realize this. Can simply having gluten intolerance give you the neurological symptoms as well? I can't seem to find information on that. Here are my symptoms:

* Foggy mind/vertigo (sometimes almost a closing in feeling up the back of my brain stem)

* Leg cramps - unexplainable for years, severe "charlie horses" in my feet/toes despite great nutrition and plenty of exercise.

* Feet fall asleep often

*tingling throat after 2 bites ingested of a wheat full type of multigrain bread

*severe dissention of stomach after ingestion - sometimes within 15 minutes. (as if someone pumped me up with an air pump - and it hurts!)

* either diarrhea or constipation, depending on my stress levels.

* gas that can clear a room

*swelling hands or feet after a meal that clearly does NOT have hidden sodium/MSG.

I don't ingest a bunch of gluten over all, but for the past year - since I slowed nursing my child, I've noticed the gas/ pain issues. When I completely stopped nursing these symptoms all came on.

GI issues run in my family - my mom's side. We had no idea it could be tied to something we ate.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
(male)

souriya123 HB Usersouriya123 HB Usersouriya123 HB User

the symptoms for gluten intolerance and celiacs are the same, the only difference is the long term damage gluten does if you are celiacs ,as gluten intolerence is a kind of alergy there are no end to the type of symptoms it causes

Old 04-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
(female)

KSMom2012 HB User

I know you said all of the symptoms are the same - does that also mean your body lacking the ability to absorb vitamins? The spooned fingernails, the muscle cramping of legs, feet, etc? It seems to me the rashes and initial "reactions" might be the same, but the longer effects from true celiacs would show in a slightly different manner.

Reply Reply