It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012, 06:36 AM   #1
(female)

Grumpycamper HB User
Need opinion... Pursue dx or not?

Hello. I have read several boards but this is the first time that i am logging on to post. I am thoroughly frustrated and confused.

I have hashimotos and another AI disorder as well. My mother has MS and I have a cousin with celiac. I have had gi issues for quite some time now, mostly constipation but sometimes very loose/diarrhea. I also have some other symptoms (although these could be symptoms of most anything) including teeth enamel defects, several allergies, reoccurring mouth sores, headaches, middle back pain (that has started since I began taking stool softeners for constipation), acne, occasional hives.

I asked my general dr for a blood test. It was kind if an argument because he didn't feel it was necessary, but eventually ordered one. This is what I got back:

Gliadin IGA 3
<20 negative
20-30 weak positive
>30 moderate to strong positive

Immunoglobulin A. 184
Reference range 65-421

This was all that I got back. According to what I've read, this is not a full celiac panel result. But... I guess I'm not all that sure. What I really need to know is, how do you think I should proceed from here. My doctor thinks I just need to treat symptoms and move on, but I don't know if I should be comfortable with that.
Any reply would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply Reply