It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
(female)

ONgirlinAB HB User
Stomach upset leaves me trapped inside

I don't know if I have cd, or gluten sensitivity, or whatever. All I know is that for the past 18 months I've been suffering from chronic diarrhea alternating with constipation. More and more though it's just diarrhea. I feel these very painful bowel cramps come on and I have about 10 seconds to find a bathroom. I do feel better afterward, so it's not like being sick with a stomach bug where you feel gross the whole time until you kick the infection. I'm exhausted all.the.time. I barely manage to get up in the morning, and I'm brain dead these days - staring through my husband when he asks me a question - or biting peoples' heads off I'm so irritated by everything. The trips to the bathroom usually start about an hour after I eat, and then I'll go maybe 5 times and then I'm alright for a while. It's not often that I'll go a whole day without running to the bathroom, and some days are so bad I can't even risk taking my kids to the park.

I have these really bad dry, scaly rashes on the tops of my feet and some mornings the joints in my hands are so painful I can't make a fist. The joint pain isn't as common as the other symptoms. When my feet start itching I literally want to rip my skin off to get relief.

Yesterday we ordered pizza in the office, and about an hour later I was back in the bathroom with terrible cramps and very urgent diarrhea.

Last year during my physical I asked the dr. to test for celiac. I had bloodwork but the test came back negative. I still feel like it's something to do with gluten. Does anyone tend to agree that my symptoms are similar to celiac?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
(female)

Junip1977 HB User
Re: Stomach upset leaves me trapped inside

All I can say from what I have been told is sometimes a blood test is not enought to test for Celiac Disease, you need to have a Colonoscopy and have a biopsy to determine it. You might want to check it out with your doctor. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Junip1977 For This Useful Post:
ONgirlinAB (06-28-2012)
Old 07-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
(male)

souriya123 HB Usersouriya123 HB Usersouriya123 HB User
Re: Stomach upset leaves me trapped inside

even if you are not celiac you could be wheat intolerant

Reply Reply