It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
(male)

tallguy HB User
Gluten vs. Grains?

I have not had any celiac tests done, but it seems like when I try going gluten free right away my reflux gets worse. I'm wondering if something else can cause these symptoms? Quinoa? Beans? Milk? Typical gluten replacements. I have found that Oats make things worse for me.

I have a problem with stomach burning/heartburn and bloating, as well as occasional pain in the abdomen between the ribs which got worse a couple weeks ago when I was prescribed NSAIDs for a couple days. It started a year ago after having advil and a lot of vitamin C for a while. I lost A LOT of weight and I can't gain it back, without the problem getting worse. I had an upper endoscopy a year ago when this all started (my only complaint then was an annoying lump feeling in my throat) and was told my stomach was just mildly inflamed no H Pylory. PPIs seemed to make the bloating worse, but I am on suculfrate. I often have green stools, and need to take fiber daily or they are narrow.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: Gluten vs. Grains?

Sorry you have not gotten a response. Oats are high risk for cross-contamination of gluten, so I would avoid those. Also I have read if you have Celiac and your intestines are badly damaged, you could be sensitive to dairy and other food groups until the intestines start to heal. Have you talked to a doctor about getting tested? If you are going to be tested for Celiac, you need to stay on gluten until the testing is done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply