It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 01:54 AM   #1
(male)

jhall387 HB User
Celiac Disease... and more problems? Any guidance...

Hello All!
Well to start it off when I was 18 male (now 21, 22 in January) I start having breathing problems and burping issues. It was very random symptoms that hit me one night when I was going to bed. I ended up going into the E.R and they said everything was fine, but I had a sinus infection...

So basically it never went away and I started to develop intense stomach pains. So now I felt short of breath and my stomach was always in pain.

In late 2009 I had an EGD and Biopsy after a bloodtest that showed I had celiac disease and confirmed that I did have celiac disease. I started the gluten free diet and the stomach pain for the most part got better, but my breathing and burping was still there.

Over the years it seems that I keep increasing in symptoms slowly while still being on a gluten free diet and trying to take care of myself.

I now have soar throat 24/7. It is always red and it always look like I have goop in the back of my throat, I get heart burn, stomache pains, and problem eating food sometimes.

Till today I've had 2 more EGDs, a Hida Scan, Esophogram, Upper GI w/ lower bowel follow through, CT scan of the abdomen and probably more I can't think of.

None of these tests showed any sign of problems or Acid Reflux, yet I feel like I have all the symptoms.

I'm on 150mg of zantac 2x a day and right now on 40mg of protonix x1 a day.

My main issue now is the soar throat, and my tongue gets a coating on it, and I get these like soars, where it looks like a layer of skin dissapears on my tongue and its really red and soar.

Also I had a dexa scan that said I have osteoporosis....

I don't know what to do, whats helping me, whats not...

My villa is damaged, I already can't absorb nutrients properly, yet I'm also on acid blockers which block acid from letting you digest food properly, yet it seems like acid blockers are the only thing that help me a little, yet there has been no proof of acid reflux or findings.

What do I do...I feel like i'm just slowly getting sicker and having problems and I hate it. Did anyone go through anything like this? Any guidance? Any help would be appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
(female)

vachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB Uservachilly HB User
Re: Celiac Disease... and more problems? Any guidance...

As far as sore tongue and throat, could you have thrush? An ENT doctor should be able to diagnose that.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
(female)

silverspiral HB User

You might want to ask your doctor about whether or not you are absorbing the nutrients you need to stay healthy. If you're not absorbing nutrients adequately, then you doctor needs to figure out a way so you can. When I was diagnosed with celiac disease, I had a micro-nutrient test ran as well as a CMP. I was deficient in every vitamin and element which made fighting off simple colds a nightmare for my immune system.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
(male)

jhall387 HB User

I've been to a ENT doctor. When he did a scope he said my vocal cords looked soar and suggested it being acid reflux, but didn't comment on my throat or tounge (assuming he thought acid reflux was causing it all)

I've had a lot of different blood work tests done for vitamins etc.

I'm not exactly sure what i've had done though.

I just recently had my calcium, magnesium, vitamin D, and testosterone tested and they were fine. I had my vitamin B tested back a while ago and it and my folate was very low. I've been taking b-12 shots and a complex vitamin.

I'm currently taking a good Probiotic, Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B, Fish oil vitamins for myself daily...

Is there something more I should specify>?

Like ive said I've shown no evidence of reflux in all my tests, but my GI and Ent said that I probably have it...and I really don't want to be on all these GI meds for 1 I think they're bad for you and your normal digestion function and 2 I don't know if it makes it worse for me on absorbing sense I have celiac disease etc...

Old 11-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
(male)

jhall387 HB User

Here are some links to some pictures of my tongue that I took if any are interested or could shed some light. My throat is pretty much just red and soar with white at the back too.

http://tinypic.com/r/n7139/6

http://tinypic.com/r/309m2yc/6

http://tinypic.com/r/2u5x2sk/6

Old 11-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #6
(male)

secretrelief HB User

hi Jhall,

thought you might like to know you're not alone, my tongue looks exactly the same though I also have no idea what's causing it, awaiting tests etc, should I find out I''ll be sure to let you know.

I find it interesting that you're confirmed celiac, as it was mentioned as a possibility for my symptoms but I still haven't been specifically tested for it.

good luck and be well

secretrelief

Reply Reply