It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
(female)

cametosayhello HB User
Newly Gluten Free

Hi everyone! I am new here and new at the gluten free diet. I have had stomach problems since I was 15 and ever since then it has gotten worse. I got really sick last week after eating lasagna and a nurse told me to stop eating gluten. Since I have been complaining about stomach pain for a really long time, a lot of other nurses agreed that I should cut out gluten and see what happens. I was doing well for a week, but last night I slipped up and ate pasta. I know that was dumb and I won't do that again! But this morning I had really bad stomach cramps that wouldn't stop from 6 am to 9:30 am. I seem to be fine now, but I am afraid to eat anything because I don't want to hurt again. I guess I am just here because I really don't know how to deal with it. Everyone wants me to eat cake and pasta and everything that I really want to eat. I guess I am just looking for understanding or some tips or something. Sorry for the long post!

Old 11-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: Newly Gluten Free

You should not be cutting out gluten until you go through all the testing for Celiac. If you are gluten free and then try to do the testing, the tests will show up negative, whether or not you have Celiac. Are you going forward with testing?

If you are not doing the testing and want to be gluten free, don't listen to what other people say. Do you want to get sicker, or get healthy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread