It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
(female)

Pikkumanda HB User
Are these possible gluten problems? Ie itchy skin...?

I am a relatively healthy eater but I've had some symptoms that I can't seem to shake. I do eat gluten containing foods, almost daily... I don't really want to go through with tests at the doctors because I hear that it is difficult to detect celiac or sensitivity until your body is severely damaged.
Here are my symptoms:
Difficulty losing weight (150lbs @5'4") as much as I diet/fast/exercise I notice no change. And I can never loose my extra belly fat.
Sometimes after I eat I become distended.
Extreme itching in my legs. When I say extreme, it's an itch that no itch cream will help with. Usually the most noticeable at night.
My skin is pretty dry, and lately the skin on my back itches but in a painful way.
I always look bloated.
My face is puffy. And lately I've developed a red rash across my cheeks.
I get really moody and irritable at times. When I start crying its like the world is crashing down.
I feel pretty fatigued almost daily. I have so many ideas of things I want to be doing but when I have the chance to I just want to lay down and do nothing.
I have loose stools or else I feel constipated. I rarely feel normal when I go.

Has anyone dealt with similar symptoms?
I'm considering eliminating gluten on my own. I don't know how useful doctors are in this field. I haven't heard good things. Also, I work for a doctor and I don't want to explain too much to her. But she often gives me gluten containing foods.
Please help! I have been feeling completely miserable!! :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
bloating, fatigue, gluten, itchy skin