It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
(female)

undertheivy HB User
Does wheat make you immediately tired?

Hi all!

First off: a disclaimer. I don't have celiac disease, but suspect I may have an intolerance of wheat, linked to my chronic back arthritis. To see, I decided to cut out wheat entirely for six weeks during Lent, as a sort of science experiment on myself. To my surprise, I do feel a little better. My back pain and stiffness is somewhat reduced (not gone or anything miraculous, but reduced for sure).

However, yesterday, I was having a terrible day. Looking after two kids that were fighting constantly, then a disturbing road rage incident, then gashing my finger open whilst making said kids' lunches... and I was so strung-out by noon, that I gave in utterly, ate a HUGE chocolate chip cookie full of wheat.

That afternoon, I could barely keep my eyes open, and that evening, I fell asleep at about 6:30pm and was dead to the world. This is somewhat unusual for me. My tiredness could have been due to my hectic day, but i was curious if eating wheat for the first time in over a month could have been a contributing factor too? The falling asleep before it is even dark thing is VERY unusual for me, as I am actually an insomniac.

I understand wheat is linked to tiredness in the longer-term, but could eating it again for the first time literally send me to sleep that fast?

Your thoughts are appreciated!

Kat x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: Does wheat make you immediately tired?

Hi Kat,

That is one of my symptoms. If I ingest gluten, I get extreme fatigue and then muscle weakness. Within 4 hours I'm pretty much passed out in bed.

There are so many different symptoms for gluten intolerance and Celiac, but that is definitely one of them.

SOE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply