It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Celiac Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
(female)

fun921 HB User
Question could this be celiac or gluten sensitivity?

im 41 and have been having symptom after symptoms every day it seemed like a new one would pop up..IE... joint pain, stomach bloat, extreme gas, SEVERE constipation most of the time and then sometimes i have a bout of diarrhea and then back to constipation ( very strange) feeling of fullness all the time upper right under ribs.. total lack of sex drive. extremely itchy skin everywhere. ... i started gluten free eating 4 days ago and i have to say i feel 50% better..
what are some of your opinions? thanks

Old 09-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
(male)

tk993 HB User
Re: could this be celiac or gluten sensitivity?

I feel exactly the same, but im 26, Male.
No sex drive, joint pain, been gluten free for 4 days aswell and I dont feel better at all, besides the fact that I have IBS, and that which you are describing sounds like Celiac Disease to me(mixed with IBS, I have both.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
(female)

fun921 HB User

Do you have the upper right fullness to? I don't have it all the time but when I do that's seems to be when I get constipated?

Old 09-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
(male)

tk993 HB User

Mmm i have it on both sides, and alternates between consti and diarrh...

Old 10-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
(female)

kristiontario HB User

honestly be careful with your diet!!! i have gluten sensitivity, i am completely grainfree except for the occasional corn wraps(once a wk). I learnt so much from rob wolfe's book. i'm sorry i can't remember the name of the book but its all about grainfree eating and the adverse affects of grains on the digestive system. my 14 yr old son has been sick for years, vomiting in his sleep for years, tired all the time and anxious. prevented him from ever having sleepovers with friends when he was younger. I thought one night about him possibly having sensitivity, took him off grains completely for a year, no dairy also and have reintroduced dairy, corn and white rice as 'treat foods' not everyday foods. he is 100% better. not moody anymore, sleeps well, no more stomach aches or headaches anxiety completely gone! theres lots of info out there on leaky gut syndrome and grain free eating......its worth looking into!
good luck! hope this helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to kristiontario For This Useful Post:
kjm44 (12-13-2013)
Reply Reply

Tags
celiac disease, gluten intolerance, gluten sensitivity