It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
(female)

lkelli HB User
Question new here - 19 month old son with right hemiparises-Rusk Institute anyone?

I have a 19 month old son with right hemiparises that stems from Conggenital CMV, a virus I got during pregnancy. He is doing great, but I always want to make sure I am doing everything I can for him. He gets a great deal of early intervention. My neuro said he will def walk eventually and I should not concentrate so much on his physical delays he will walk that I should focus on stimulating cognitively. It doesn't feel right, I can't ignore some of what is going on. I feel it is just as improtant.

He flies around the house with his toy walker. He doesn't drag his right leg as much anymore it is coming off the floor but not quite right. He stands for a few seconds and just starting to take a few steps, only with the pt. She says he is having balancing issues. She is sending me to the RUSK Institute assoc. with NYU, Dr. Joan GOld Physiatrist. Anyone here of her? Nuero does not want orthodics until he is walking bc it will impede him crawling. He does crawl, did saw prob around 15 months or so. before that he did the army crawl, just with his left side. He crawls great, we were so excited to see him do this with his right side moving. He also wears a splint at night for his right hand, to keep it open and thumb extended. He primarily uses his left for EVeryThing. I feel he is so young, I want to give him every opportunity and therapy possible.

Thank you for reading. Any input greatly appreciated.
Lkelli

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread