It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #1
(female)

skigirl1689 HB User
How do I Get People to Understand Why I Feel This Way???

This may be very confusing but please bear with me. I have a full-time aide at school and when she is sick my mom substitutes for her. Well, my mom may not be able to do this anymore. There is really no one else able to do this except for other aides. One of them was previously my aide whom I have no trouble working with, though she may not be too happy about it.

The other person who may or may not be available to sub I have a major problem with. Three years ago she was forced to help me and all she did was complain and treated me like I had no brain. The incident affected me greatly and to this day I still have a hard time with it. My mom thinks it's no big deal and that I can handle working with this person when she has told people that she wouldn't help me. No administration has dealt with the issue even though everyone knows what went on.

Right now I feel as though no one gets why I'm so upset about this and that no one cares either. I mean, I might not have to deal with this at all, but there is a possibility that I will. How can you work with someone who treats you like crap and won't help you at all??? And no one thinks it's a problem. I wish I didn't have to have an aide at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #2
(male)

joet92 HB User
Re: How do I Get People to Understand Why I Feel This Way???

I know. I gone the exact way you gone when I was little. But I have a great para.

If you dont like your para I suggest you pull a PPT and ask for a new one. And the might get you a new one depening on the disricts buget. Its a tough thing to do. But you can do it.
Good luck

Joe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #3
(female)

skigirl1689 HB User

Joe,

My aide is awesome, it's just that there's no one who wants to sub. My mom does it but she might not be able to and I am worried about what would happen then. My old aide would probably do it but she's still bitter that she lost her position with me. And what's a PPT??? The school district here sucks. My mom said we'd deal with it if someone didn't help me or treated me badly but I just want reassurance that it won't happen at all.

I also wanted to welcome you to the board. I haven't been "around" 'cuz I had my legs straightened and am in long leg casts. That was 15 days ago and I'm doing pretty well considering it was my 1st ever surgery.

Becca

Old 08-12-2006, 09:25 AM   #4
(male)

joet92 HB User

a PPT is a Parent-Teacher Meeting its when your parents meets with your teachers.
Its a good time to ask the Adminastors about a trained sub for this school year. they have to get someone no matter what. Its the law.
If they dont want one for you then you parents should pulll a PPT and fource them to get one.

Joe

Closed Thread