It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
(female)

nwmom HB User
Potty Success

Our son finally learned to poop in the potty at 5 1/2 years old. We think it's because we started juicing a pear and two apples for him every day. How are the rest of your children doing with this? I know we had a thread about it nearly a year ago, and it seemed like lots of children were struggling with this.
nwmom

Old 12-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #2
(female)

open_the_door HB User
Potty Success

I would be interested in learning more potty training. My son is now 4 and he periodically pees in the toilet, but not everyday. He has pooped into his potty, but he seems to be constipated alot which makes that part of potty training quite difficult. He has CP diplegia and has now a kidney disorder, nephrotic syndrome. He got it out of the blue. I have to monitor his urine output everyday. If anyone has any advice about potty traing or how to keep a kid with CP from getting constipated. I push peaches, juice and water throughout the day. Has anyone tried Miralax?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2008, 06:42 PM   #3
(female)

nwmom HB User
Re: Potty Success

We have--it never did get him to use the potty, but it did help with constipation, on and off. We now give him just 1/2 tsp daily, along with the pear/apple juice from a juicer.
nwmom

Closed Thread