It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CandP HB User
Job hunting, still can't figure out how or where

I have a 2001 business management degree. For the past 5 years I have been working at the family store, it is construction. My functions were pretty much this: phones, invoices, billing, some marketing, register, and some ordering from our distributors.

I want to branch out of there and start a career. But i haven't much luck. I do not know where to look, or better yet what I am good doing. I have stating before that I want to get into graphic design. I am taking an intro course in a few weeks to see what it is about, meet people, and possibly get a greater perspective on what kind of jobs to look for.

Also, my minor cp has held me back in the sense that I should have done this years ago. But the past is just that. I'm looking at the present and seeing what I can do, and I am having diffficulty. i do not know what to do, how to begin. Do I look at other options, like being a secretary? I think my cp might limit me in terms of my typing and such, but the thing is will it be fulfilling? I know jobs are hard to come by now, and take what I can get, but what should I take? What am i capable, I dont know?? Why did i even listen to my father - he had always said a business management degree will take you anywhere - i do not know if that is true. 5 years at that place and I have become repulsed by the customers, I have started to hate everything about business. I am into creativity and such, but I have a tendency of not really believing in all of my hard work either!! I just feel at an end here...how can I find my way?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2009, 03:54 AM   #2
(female)

peesandgravy HB User
Re: Job hunting, still can't figure out how or where

i work for a place called centre parcs in nottingham and they are really good to me as they know i have a son with cp and there is also people who work there who have different strengths of disabilities and if we need time of we sort something out, plus my husband works for tesco and they are great with him to and i know a young man who works with him and they are really good with him they gave him the time of for a operation not long ago and now he is back at work try people like them and you may never know

Closed Thread