It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 07:26 AM   #1
(female)

watcon HB User
Question anterior tibialis tendon transfer

My 5 year old daughter is scheduled to have tendon transfer and achilles lengthened in right leg, what can I expect post-op? Her CP is mild affecting her right side only. Botox has run its course so this operation is our next step. Understand it has a very successful outcome. I liked to be prepared so any thing that helped your child please let me know. Also told to expect 6-8 weeks in cast.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
(female)

fikidoll HB User
Re: anterior tibialis tendon transfer

hallo watcon,my son had the op on both legs,cast is for six weeks ,but the results is amazing,please have enough pain meds and then a lot off entertainment that can be done on her back,all the best
fikkidoll

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
(female)

watcon HB User

Thanks so much for your reply. I have read that the pain is substantial but the results were fantastic. I spoke to the surgeon and she assured me there would be codeine for her first week at least. Also she mentioned that the leg would be very weak once the cast comes off, how was your son? I am thrilled to hear that you are pleased with the outcome of the surgery.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:38 AM   #4
(female)

fikidoll HB User

haool,yes he was very weak when the cast came off,also dont expect results straight away,like I do, it takes a will and my son still go for therapy one a week, he also started walking by himself ,but just around the house. I hope all goes well.
fikidoll

Closed Thread