It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CandP HB User
Spasticity Issues, Anything New With How To Cope With Them?

I'm 32 and suffer from minor cp. Basically its not obvious to the naked eye. It becomes obvious when I feel I'm in tense situations, as in grabbing a cup of coffee, a tray, walking down a church eisle, basically when I feel i'm the focus of attention. It affects my right side and I usually tense, which them even makes walking difficult. I've even noticed cold weather, or even in the lower 30s/upper 40s degrres, and wearing a skirt, walking becomes very difficult.

I was wondering if there are, or if you're tried, herbal remedies, safe enough and effective in treating spasticity?
I've tried a med, which at the moment slips my mind of the name, 0.5 mg, very effective, but has a drowsy effect to it. When on it, I feel VERY relaxed, as if I do not tense at all, but may trip on occassion, and may feel my gait a bit off. Not to mention some drowsiness.

But I am interested to know if anyone has tried anything herbal? I was told of the tea called "Valerian Root," tried it only 5 times in about 5 months and it was only calming and effective the first time! I'm thinking to try it as a pill howwever I would like to get opinions on this if someone has tried it.

Would you say that this kind of spasticity that I suffer from (again, brought on or even enhanced by what of what I would consider as social phobia), if it might be cured in the future through these herbs? Just an exchange of thoughts and opinions, thats all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
(female)

nwmom HB User
Re: Spasticity Issues, Anything New With How To Cope With Them?

You could talk with a homeopathic Dr. who is also an MD. Maybe they could help. My son's tone sounds similar to yours, but he is only six years old.
nwmom

Old 07-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
(male)

cambiker011 HB User
Re: Spasticity Issues, Anything New With How To Cope With Them?

Hi CandP, I have the same issues as you (social "phobia", muscles tense up when attention is on me, making it very hard to walk and function)...I was wondering if you have found anything that works since you posted? I'm taking kava extract, but am not seeing much relief so far. Thanks!

Closed Thread