It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
(female)

NayaB HB User
Question If you think your situation is bad!!!.....

Hi from Dominica W.I. (Caribbean) My son is 19 months and was diagnosed as having cp since he was 3 months. he was extremely stiff and cried like a never-ending thunderstorm.....the crying has only decreased from 85% to 80%...not much of a difference!!! i have no idea what what to do. we try everything under the sun to try comforting him but it still does not stop....we are awaiting an appt date to travel to Barbados to do an MRI ...but in the mean time this is so frustrating........please help!!

Last edited by moderator2; 04-24-2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: please do not post your email address in the public forums - instead, use the private messaging system

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
(female)

nwmom HB User
Re: If you think your situation is bad!!!.....

Have you had him checked for reflux? That may be making him cry a lot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
(female)

NayaB HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwmom View Post
Have you had him checked for reflux? That may be making him cry a lot.
the docs here told me he does not have reflux......they could not even diagnose him...it was done in Barbados.....i dont trust the docs here that y i need an "outside" opinion.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
(female)

nwmom HB User

Man, I feel for you. That's rough when you can't figure out how to help your child feel better. Noah cried a lot, too. I'm trying to remember what we tried...he slept on a foam wedge for his reflux, we walked him up and down the street, played ocean sounds and soothing music, mobiles...I can't remember what else. Best of luck to you! Keep us posted.
nwmom

Old 04-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #5
(male)

broke as a joke HB User

OMG,,. boy does your story sound so clear to me,,,,, our second son,, we had him and brought him home,,, he'd cry from 10 in the morning to 10 at night till he was exhausted and went to sleep,,, It was acid reflux,, i told my wife to take him to another doc,,(his Peditrician actually delivered my wife when she was born,, he said he's spoiled just lay him down and let him cry,,,) she saw his partner in his office on his next visit,,, i know exactly whats wrong with him, He said,, he said acid reflux,,, the fix he prescribed him zantac for a week,, i dont know what it did but,, 9 straight months of nonstop crying from 10 am to 10 PM everyday,,,

anyway,,, a weeks prescription of zantac and it stopped completely,,, i want to strangle the first doc,, we had him in the ER 15 times,, they said he need to see his peditrician cause there is something wrong with him,,,i said i know it and then he would tell us he's spoiled just lay him down and let him cry,,,

Old 04-26-2009, 08:39 AM   #6
(female)

NayaB HB User
Unhappy Re: If you think your situation is bad!!!.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke as a joke View Post
OMG,,. boy does your story sound so clear to me,,,,, our second son,, we had him and brought him home,,, he'd cry from 10 in the morning to 10 at night till he was exhausted and went to sleep,,, It was acid reflux,, i told my wife to take him to another doc,,(his Peditrician actually delivered my wife when she was born,, he said he's spoiled just lay him down and let him cry,,,) she saw his partner in his office on his next visit,,, i know exactly whats wrong with him, He said,, he said acid reflux,,, the fix he prescribed him zantac for a week,, i dont know what it did but,, 9 straight months of nonstop crying from 10 am to 10 PM everyday,,,

anyway,,, a weeks prescription of zantac and it stopped completely,,, i want to strangle the first doc,, we had him in the ER 15 times,, they said he need to see his peditrician cause there is something wrong with him,,,i said i know it and then he would tell us he's spoiled just lay him down and let him cry,,,

when Navin was born he had 'they told me' neonatal seizures he never opened his eyes...for ALMOST 2 WEEKS....1st thing in my mind...brain damage. his limbs were stiff as rock and the same docs are telling me he's fine...then we come home and he's crying a storm...so we go back....no reflux...again he is fine......they had no idea what they were doing they gave him....valium, phenobab, sodium valproate.....and in the end these have all their side effects.....they're for seizures......only after rushing to Barbados i was made to understand that he has CP....not even an MRI they recommended...i decided to seek one for him....these docs are a waste and im afraid to have another by their hands, trust me!...we're doing physio and its the same thing every week...i've been online almost everyday looking for stuff i can do for him. i know it's not curable but some parts of can be salvaged and developed.....i dont know what the future has for my precious!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
baby, cerebral palsy, crying, mri, stiffness