It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
(female)

shazney HB User
looking for info / support for son aged 2 with cp

hi, my son is two and has mild quadriplegia cp, although he is coping well, (its me that finds it hard), i am looking for ways to try a help him, and any advise anyone can give, would be great x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
(female)

nwmom HB User
Re: looking for info / support for son aged 2 with cp

This board is a great place for information and support, too!
If you're looking for other parents to talk with in person, you might want to try getting your child involved in some type of group therapy like therapeutic horseback riding. The parents stand around and talk for an hour while waiting for their kids to be through with their therapy. I really enjoyed the connections I made there.
Your child's physical therapist can be a great source of support, too.
Good luck!
nwmom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2009, 02:36 AM   #3
(female)

shazney HB User

thanks for reply, we will look into the hores riding thaks

Old 06-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
(female)

gooseberry HB User

hi shazney,

this is my first post on the site. I am a 37 year old with mild athetoid cerebral palsy and had some major spinal surgery last year to fuse my neck and upper back - so I had to go through the whole experience of learning how to walk again last year and everything else too. Like when I was little and learning to walk my Mum was there always again inspiring me that "I could do it" but not wrapping me up in cotton wool... I guess I can see this situation from your little ones perspective, its really hard but my parents kept me active and as mobile as possible from the time I was a wee tot, which not only made things fun but helped my condition and kept me in life...I'm not sure with your little one whether he could participate in hydrotherapy and the like but I loved and to this day adore the water...its the one place I really feel what I think it is to be normal in my body.

Please remember that its also important to take care of yourself, I can tell by your short post that you are a great mum. Put as much care into yourself as you do your child.

All my best to you!

Closed Thread