It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
(female)

donmon HB User
Post potty training help

Hi everyone I am new to this site and looking for advice. We have a daughter who was born with cerebral atrophy of the frontal & temporal lobes. She is now 3 & is an amazing little girl. She is now walking independently, eating with little help and is beginning to speak. We of course where told none of these things would ever happen because of the degree of the brain damage. Believe it or not she is now showing interest in potty training. Of course I am confussed how to go about this. She knows what the potty is and has some what of an understanding how the whole process works, but is unable to communicate to me that she needs to go before it happens. If I place her on her little potty and tell her to "teetee" then she will. We make it a big deal with lots of yeas, and what not, but she just does not seem to understand that the potty is there for her to go into all the time. I would appriaciate any advice anyone has for me. Thanks for your time.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
(female)

zeeva HB User
Re: potty training help

hi
your story seems to be like mine.i m mother of one yr old son with cp.now he cant sit cant crawl.he is also having seizures but controlled with medication. i really wana know how u trained your daughter and what measures did you take to make her so capable.thanks if you ll help me i m first time mom of cp child.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread