It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
(female)

aggierose HB User
Can this be CP?

My 7 month old does not seem right. She is very, very limp and does not have control of her head yet. She really can't do anything but just lay on the floor. We do have ECI coming to the house to work with her, but no improvement yet. In the past few weeks she has started to have episodes of trembling. Her arms tremble the most, but her legs will also tremble. The trembling doesn't last for long, usually just a few seconds, but it happens numerous times throughout the day. Did anyone elses child with CP start off this way? If so, what can I expect in the future? Does anyone have any ideas of what else could be causing her to be like this?

Old 09-26-2009, 02:25 AM   #2
(female)

Leaciesmum HB User
Re: Can this be CP?

Hi there Aggierose, it's heartbreaking when we realise there is something amiss with our dear little ones, and we want answers NOW. Unfortunately there is so much waiting involved with doctors appointments, testing, getting results, physio and OT and any aids and equipment they need. It's SO frustrating.

I'm not sure if you've googled CP, I know that's how I knew my girl had it even before she was diagnosed. But my daughter's CP is 'spastic', her muscles are very stiff, but there are other forms of cp, one of which is hypotonia, which is floppy muscles. But this alone by no means she has CP, there are many differing disorders that can have similar symptoms. Trembling could also be a symptom of cp, my daughter suffers 'clonus' this is where her legs will shake uncontrolably up and down in little jitters, the only way I can stop it is to reposition her. She gets this when she's laying on her change table or sitting in her car seat.

You haven't mentioned if you've been in contact with a paediatrician yet, for us the paed doctor did an extensive check up, took brain scans and did an MRI, did blood tests and then extensive metabolic testing because Leacie's MRI came back normal. I'm not sure what country you're in, but here in Australia we have a fantastic public hospital system and all Leacie's tests and treatment (operations and botox) have been free of charge. We are still trying to get a definate diagnosis, but unfortunately sometimes there never is one.

I wish you luck, I hope the wheels get in motion for you soon and you find some answers for your darling daughter's condition.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
(female)

skycop4me HB User
Re: Can this be CP?

My daughter was very similar to this at that age. It takes a very long time for these kids to roll over, sit up, etc. Some never do, but then one day you look up and they have done something you didn't expect. My daughter managed to roll all the way across the floor to lay right behind me in the kitchen...glad I didn't step on her! Boy, that was a surprise. Stay with the ECI program. It is a great resource for you and your child. The most important things now are PT, OT, and get a pediatric neurologist to look at her regarding the tremors. Good luck.

Closed Thread