It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
(female)

ANGELGARD2006 HB User
Looking for advice and help!!!

Hi my name is Trina. I have a 3 year old daughter Kira with cp. She is getting botox and pt ,ot, and hippo therapy. She has hinged afos,and lots of tone in her legs. The botox helps but she dont last but maybe 2 months. I would like to have some input on the sdr. We've been to UNC Chapel Hill where they said she was a canidate. I am very intrested in DR Park. SO please someone help me out. Thanks a billion!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
(female)

nwmom HB User
Re: Looking for advice and help!!!

Don't know if your insurance will pay for Dr. Park if there is someone close to where you live that does SDR. We read the fine print of our insurance policy and were able to get our insurance to pay for a lot of the surgery. But now, they offer SDR in our town; so we probably couldn't get our insurance to cover it if we'd waited til now to do it.
Maybe you'll find some kind of loophole in your insurance that will allow you to have it done in St. Louis. We were interested in him, because at the time, he was the only one doing the less invasive type of surgical procedure. Not sure if there are others are doing it now, too. Best of luck to you. There are several detailed posts about Dr. Parks and SDR on this site that may help you to find out more about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #3
(female)

ANGELGARD2006 HB User

Thanks for info. There are some Doc's in Charlotte but not in hickory. Her neurologist is Asheville.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
(female)

skycop4me HB User

My daughter has similar symptoms. We found xanaflex reduced her tonal spasticity better than baclofen and lasts longer than botox.

Closed Thread