It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2009, 08:41 AM   #1
(female)

yogajen HB User
Question Retained ATNR = CP?

Hi everyone. I just found out that my 7 year old has a retained Asymmetrical Tonic Neck Reflex. He was showing signs of dyslexia in school and we went through a bunch of testing with him including occupational therapy testing.

I have been doing some online research and this is often a symptom of CP. I have an appointment to discuss these results with his pediatrician.

My son has always been a little physically awkward, and uncoordinated, has Asthma, and uses orthotics in his shoes because he walks on his arches. He has very loose joints. His birth was slightly traumatic in that he had the cord looped around his neck, the midwife moved it, but he didn't breathe right away for maybe less than a minute. He wouldn't nurse, had jaundice and ended up in the hospital for five days after his birth. One of the nurses said that he was acting like a preemie, but he was born on his due date. A little at the low end of a normal weight of 6lbs 8oz.

I am just putting his symptoms and history together in my head and with the retained reflex, I am wondering if I need to ask the pediatrician about CP.

Any advice and opinions?

Thanks so much.

Last edited by yogajen; 10-08-2009 at 08:46 AM.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Uterine avm? phillyjules Blood and Blood Vessel 16 07-04-2012 02:16 AM
Root Infection due to retained dental instrument cavewoman Dental Health 2 01-13-2009 04:55 AM
Hi I'm new, just wanting some info on Botox for CP Leaciesmum Cerebral Palsy 7 08-23-2008 05:57 PM
Retained placenta Sallyz Pregnancy 4 06-08-2007 06:49 PM
Implants vs dentures vs implant dentures lolaland Dental Health 15 03-29-2005 01:42 PM