It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
(female)

angelwolf68 HB User
where can I can help with my sons ssi being stopped

Old 11-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
(female)

nwmom HB User
Re: where can I can help with my sons ssi being stopped

Are you talking about the SSI that pays the NICU hospital bills if they're born prematurely?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
(female)

angelwolf68 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwmom View Post
Are you talking about the SSI that pays the NICU hospital bills if they're born prematurely?
I don't know anything about that. My son gets SSI every month to help pay the bills. If my husband makes too much money then his check is cut. Or they say that they overpaid us and then we have to pay them back. Right now its over $6000. My husband has been laid off from his job since may of this year. Now that hes drawing unemployment my son is getting less money or no check at all. Its not right. I know someone who has two kids with pdk, they can walk. They can't eat certain foods. She and her husband draw a SSI check on both kids, She gets paid to stay home and take care of them, and her husband makes $60,000 to $80,000 a year. I don't see how they can get by with it.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
(female)

nwmom HB User

Didi you try the Social Security Office in your area?

Old 11-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #5
(female)

angelwolf68 HB User

They are no help all they want to do is screw you every chance they get.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
(female)

gracie10 HB User

angelwolf,

Every state has a bar association that oversees lawyers and law practices. As part of their jobs the bar assoc. generally requires its lawyers/law firms to participate in a certain number of pro bono (free) case work hours per year.

You may want to consider looking up your local bar association to see if they can inform you about their program & available attorneys. Or point you in the direction of a goverment sponsored (usually county level) legal aid office. Or start by google searching "pro bono legal aid" for your specific county. These two options can get you some of the best advice from currently working attorneys who know the law but will not and can not, by the nature of their sponsoring organizations, bleed you dry with fees in exchange for their advice.

Best of luck,
gracie

Old 01-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #7
(female)

skycop4me HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwolf68 View Post
If your sons are under 18, the income of the household is considered for their eligibility. For instance, if you and your mate earn over a certain amount of money, it will affect their eligibility. Once the child is 18, your income does not affect his/her eligibility.

You can probably consult a SS attorney for a free consult, but from experience, there is no way to overcome the income guidelines other than changing the makeup of your household/income. Good luck.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #8
(female)

dca0903 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwolf68 View Post
When the SS office takes my grandsons SSI away or tells my daughter and her husband they make to much money, my daughter works part time, my grandson has had 30 surgeries, my daughter gets on the computer and applies for her SS disability. They call her and ask why she is applying, she tells them that when they mess with my grandson's SSI she will apply for hers. They stop messing with his. Also I have called our STATE REPRESENTIVES, they call the SS office, when my daughter goes to the office they call her by her first name and tell her they know who she is and she doesn't have to take a number......try it. Fight for the rights your child deserves. My daughter did and she got "MOTHER OF THE YEAR", their picture is a the Nashville Justice Center Mother of the Year, it's on the computer. Donna, Forrest and Chase Addington. She fought to get in home nursing after a doctor told her Chase was not handicap enough for a nurse. My grandson was born 3 months early, he doesn't walk, talk, he is blind, he can't sit up, he now eats with a feeding tube. This was a high risk birth, the doctor told the nurse to tell my daughter to hold her legs together until he got there at 8am. A resident delivered him at 7am. We were told 28 hours later that my grandson had contracted Ecoli. (no lawyer will take that case) When he was 16 months old he had a feeding tube, he was eating baby food and taking a bottle, but when he got sick he couldn't eat real well, the surgery went ok. The tube was supposed to be xrayed before being used, the doctor told the nurse to go ahead and use it. Chase got very sick, the doctor got mad because he had to come to hospital at 2am. He fired the nurse, told my daughter she didn't know her son, and the doctor said he didn't like being called in during his family time. The tube was out of place for 4 days. I told the doctor to stay away from my family and my grandson. Chase had 10 surgeries in 12/2002 was in the hospital at East Tennessee Children Hospital in Knoxville, TN. No lawyer would touch that. These doctor's have gone to work in other states, please be aware of Dr. Patrick Bailey, he is in Arizona now. Please if you have a child beware of this surgeon.....

Old 02-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #9
(female)

dca0903 HB User

Fight for you child, I don't care how old he/she is. Families cannot live on what they make alone. If your child goes in the hospital, you are not working, fight for this. Please contact your STATE REPS, your GOVERNOR. I had to contact our governor to get a wheelchair for my grandson. This is true. Our lives our blessed with my grandson, but we have to fight for everything he gets, AND I WILL FIGHT FOR EVERYTHING. Just ask a few hospitals in Kingsport, TN and Knoxville, TN. I want stop fighting and don't you stop either. Who pays you bills when you are at the hospital with your child? The state don't.....

Last edited by dca0903; 02-01-2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Contact me: Jnniclark@aol.com

Old 02-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #10
(female)

dca0903 HB User
Wink Re: where can I can help with my sons ssi being stopped

Fight for you child, I don't care how old he/she is. Families cannot live on what they make alone. If your child goes in the hospital, you are not working, fight for this. Please contact your STATE REPS, your GOVERNOR. I had to contact our governor to get a wheelchair for my grandson. This is true. Our lives our blessed with my grandson, but we have to fight for everything he gets, AND I WILL FIGHT FOR EVERYTHING. Just ask a few hospitals in Kingsport, TN and Knoxville, TN. I want stop fighting and don't you stop either. Who pays you bills when you are at the hospital with your child? The state don't.....

Closed Thread