It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
(female)

nwmom HB User
Dr. Campion--UNC

Has anybody been to Dr. Campion at UNC in Chapel Hill, NC? We were thinking of taking our son Noah there for a second opinion on what to do about his foot. It seems he's not tolerating an AFO on his left foot right now--it breaks down the skin on his heel. His bones in his left foot are deformed from the spasticity before his SDR, and his foot is sort of shaped like an S. We've been waiting for three months for an opinion from WFUBMC, but our Dr. cancelled our appt. with the orthopaedic surgeon, because she wanted him to be evaluated in a group meeting back in March. That meeting keeps getting postponed; so Noah's been walking around without braces for months now.
Thanks,
nwmom

Old 06-21-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
(female)

Basswife HB UserBasswife HB User
Re: Dr. Campion--UNC

Hi,
I don't know the doc but i would certainly get another opinion. His AFO's should not break the skin, that means they haven't been moulded properly, they shouldn't even leave red marks. If he needs them then you should seek another opionion and get something done.
Doctors like to pass you around so keep looking and get him another docotor. Also even if no one knows the docotor, you've got nothing to loose if your son needs treatment.

Last edited by Basswife; 06-21-2010 at 06:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
(female)

Kaitlynsmom HB User

Hi NWMOM -

When we were in NC, we saw Dr. Campion a few times with Kaitlyn. I found him to be very straight forward and knowledgeable. I certainly think he would be worth visiting for a second opinion for Noah.

Tara

Old 06-24-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
(female)

nwmom HB User

Thanks--how is Kaitlyn doing?

Old 06-25-2010, 05:07 AM   #5
(female)

CindyM99 HB User

< edited > --but ita with K-Mom second opinion never a bad thing--and if his foot has been hurting for months and he's walking around on it--not fun--he'll stop wanting to walk.

Last edited by hb-mod; 06-25-2010 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Please do not post unapproved website links. Thanks!

Old 08-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
(female)

Savannahsmom13 HB User

I'm getting ready to take my daughter to Dr.Campion because WFUBMC called me and gave my child a disgnosis and they hadn't even seen her. I will NEVER go to WFUBMC. I know another parent who takes their child to Dr.Campion and they love him. Also he came highly recommended by our daughters physical therapist. Good Luck

Old 08-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #7
(female)

nwmom HB User

We go to WFUBMC, and we've had some unprofessional experiences there, too. Thanks for the report on Dr. Campion--glad to hear it. We're going to go see him again in Sept. to ask him some more questions.

Closed Thread