It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2010, 03:54 AM   #1
(female)

caitlinsmum HB User
Would love some advice

My two and a half year old daughter has spastic diplegia she is very stiff in the legs and is not yet walking, she was recently fitted with AFO's and has had her first botox treatment and her ankles seem a lot looser and I can now get her feet into the AFO's. My main problem is she also has cateracts in both of her eyes, we found out when she was 18 months old she had one removed late last year and now we are now having to put a contact in her eye which has to be removed once a week and we have to fight with her every time as she does not understand why we are doing this. It involves wrapping her up in a towel holding her head and forcing her eye open while my husband puts a sucker in her eye to try to get the contact out. It now looks like she will have to have the other eye done. I would love to now if anyone out there is going through a similar experience and if they know of an easier way. I've been told by my doctor that it is very uncommon for children to develop cateracts later in life. I know no one who has a child with a disability so your input about both things would be appreciated.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:04 AM   #2
(female)

KarimsMUM HB User
Re: Would love some advice

I'm sorry I can't relate specifically. My son who has spastic diplegia had eye drops once a day to help with his vision when he was 2 and I remember that it was a fight to get it in. It's just that difficult age as they don't understand why. I'm guessing you have tried all the obvious things like her favourite toy or watching her favourite video. Sorry not much help but just thought I would post to say hey!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread