It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
(female)

Malwm01 HB User
Spasms and Itching

All right, this is going to sound weird, I know it. It's something I've thought about for many years and just never asked because it's weird...

When you have a spasm does it itch?

Like, say you have a spasm in your hip/leg when it's subsided do you get an immediate urge to itch?

I always have that feeling and it's weird and annoying!

LOL alright... I know I'm a dork... I just couldn't go to sleep without throwing that out there for you all.

G'night!

Old 07-28-2010, 04:35 AM   #2
(female)

Basswife HB UserBasswife HB User
Re: Spasms and Itching

Hi, My son is the one with CP, but his spasms don't make him itch (we were asked to watch) But I have heard of this. It can also happen during your PT aparently. A lad with diaplegia I met said he gets various feelings during PT inc itching. The way your muscles are reacting and moving. Not first hand experience sorry, but might be helpful?

Last edited by Basswife; 07-29-2010 at 12:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
(female)

Malwm01 HB User

Thanks for the post, Basswife. I'm glad you've heard of it and glad your son doesn't have the problem. I just wanted to know if I was the strange one or if someone else had experienced something similar. I feel it is good to know you're not the only one and I just finally had to ask the question.

I always feel embarrassed if it happens somewhere in public or with company... as a girl I was taught it wasn't lady-like to scratch an itch (any itch!) and I always feel weird scratching my elbow, leg or foot randomly . I always wonder what people must think of me!

Old 07-29-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
(female)

Basswife HB UserBasswife HB User

I think they think She's got an itch! Don't worry about it! Itching is normal, no one should thiink any less of you. I say if you've got an itch scratch it, unless its somewhere private or a big one thats going to be silly! Its not unlady like to itch. Just be gentle!

Closed Thread