It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
(female)

sharryde HB User
CP Womens Health Issues

My friend K in her 20's who has CP just had her first complete physical and talked to the Doc about Birth Control. The doc didn't suggest the pill but was willing to insert an IUD. She is concerned if she goes with the IUD her spasticity might push the IUD out. Does anyone with CP have any IUD experience? K has no sexual experience yet and wants to make the right choices.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
(female)

Aviaja HB User
Re: CP Womens Health Issues

Hello Sharryde,

I think it's great that your friend takes such good care of herself, and reflects on different things. Although i do not think that an IUD would be any more problematic for a person with CP than any other women who has a foreign object inserted into her body, and whatever complications that can have. CP is not in the abdomen, and even so, it's impossible to push it out. I must say though, that it can fall out, but the risk is there for all women. But all of these questions is something a doctor can answer, and most likely also the concerns of your friend in relation to her CP.

I wish you and her the best of luck, in the pursuit of a happy and safe adult life

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Please help me reach my health goals. flpete88 General Health 1 03-02-2010 08:18 AM
young womens' hair loss undecided14 Hair Loss / Alopecia 8 01-11-2009 08:41 PM
My Health Story manlyman Sexual Health - General 5 11-17-2007 05:15 PM
Please use the correct board for your health issues. Administrator Teen Health 0 08-22-2007 01:25 PM
Addiction + Mental Health Issues jaeco Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics 5 01-19-2006 03:28 PM