It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
(female)

beautifulreason HB User
pregnancy and cerebral palsy

Has anyone had trouble getting pregnant or has there fertility affected in any way due to CP. My boyfriend and I has been trying a year,charting and ovulation test and we tried not trying not prreventing for a year so its going on 2 years with no conception ad maybe its my CP. He has a daughter so we don't think its a male factor. My cycles are normal and I'm positive I'm ovulating

Old 11-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User
Re: pregnancy and cerebral palsy

I think everyone is different I myself had no problem getting preg. But once I got preg. I constandley threw up and had to have iv several times I was so thin and couldnt keep anything down. And I never got examed because it would cause me to bleed easy I lost my first one and thats when the doctor decided not to do exams just dopplers us. But every one is different I would just tell you keep trying and eat as much healthly things as you can. I to knew when I ovlated. Good luck to you I'll be praying for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2011, 12:07 AM   #3
(female)

janniejack HB User
Re: pregnancy and cerebral palsy

I feel for you. I would recommend seeing fertility doctor. I have CP and was also told I would probably nit be able to have kids. My husband and I started the adoption process, little did we know but I was already pregnant!
I went on to have a lovely son. We lost our 2nd baby at 3 months gestation and our third produced a healthy girl.
I had loads of problems whilst pregnant, sick night and day for 6 months, major back pain, and slipped discs in my back with my daughter and ended up in a wheelchair until giving birth due to the pain and pubic dysfunction syndrome. Pregnancy was very harsh on my body but worth it to be a mom.
I wish you all the best, praying for you.

Closed Thread