It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2010, 04:27 AM   #1
(female)

horseypd HB User
writing technology for 10 yr old w mild CP

My son is in the 4th grade and has mild CP. His disabilities are mostly in fine and gross motor skills. His intelligence is normal to above average. He has trouble keeping up in school because of all of the writing even though the school scribes for him some of the time. Doen anyone have any suggesstions that have worked for them with regards to technology. I am considering an ipad with dictation software but that will only help with the writing not the math papers and other forms that are passed out in school...

Old 12-16-2010, 05:34 AM   #2
(female)

KarimsMUM HB User
Re: writing technology for 10 yr old w mild CP

Interesting post as we will be in your position in a couple years. My son is going into grade 2 in Feb. Currently he uses a computer for most of his writing tasks but things ike spelling tests and maths problems are done by hand. Sometimes the teacher aide has to have more hands on at these times. Our HOSES has suggested i pads if we can get them for the upper years, ie grade 5 and up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
(female)

Basswife HB UserBasswife HB User
Re: writing technology for 10 yr old w mild CP

Having looked into it, I Pads seem to be the way to go, touch screen with lots of different aps, some of which are specifically designed for children with CP. One father recieved an award for the software he produced for his daughter with CP, avaliable to ********, (although to young for what your after I think.)

But having seen some terrible things out there, I think the I Pad seems to be a breakthrough.

Closed Thread