It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
(female)

boo86 HB User
should adults with CP still see a phsyatrist every year

when i was a teenager my doctor stopped seeeing me and she never said anything we just stopped going. is this normal? im not in any pain or anything. should i be seeing someone

Old 01-08-2011, 06:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User
Re: should adults with CP still see a phsyatrist every year

I think you should be under dr's care at least to montier you c/p and pt. I wish I did when I was younger maybe I wouldn't of have the problems I have today. I was in total deniel and I wish I would of kept up with my health better it comes back to haunt you later. So if I had to do it all over I would of least seen a Dr. for my c/p at least three time a year if not more. But thats just my opinion I would just with your DR. to see what he thinks. Good Luck to you and God Bless You Always

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
(female)

whitesugar HB User

hi there,
Can you tell me more please I'm 42, my main issue with my Cp is, I have some crazy back issues and arthritis in my neck, spastic muscles when its cold. So i am on meds. When you say you have issues, would you mind sharing?

Old 04-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

Well from one I have falling a lot I have always had balances problems but never so much as I do now. I'm 54 years old I worked all my life I just kept falling over my on feet. I have constant muscle spasms and back pain lower and upper they put me on baclofen and vicoden and Ibuofen I have been going thru a lot of PT and it still hasnt helped They did do MRI's I have arthris setting in my joints and back I think if I would of taken care of my body more maybe I wouldnt of have these issues like I do. Yes the cold effects it so much I have very tight muscles very painful even with meds I'm sorry I hpoe you get the right help. PT seemed to help a little with ROM but then it has gotten tigher again . What meds are you taking ? Thanks for you response God Bless You my friend

Old 04-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
(female)

whitesugar HB User

Wow, sounds silly, but sounds like you are an answer to prayer I have been googling adult cp off and on for several years, LOOKiNG for someone who looked like me I know you know what I mean I found her! Its you! I guess misery DOES indeed like company! Cuz I'm happy I found you, sounds so wrong! I am a believe, i think you are too. I am on too many meds, and feel ashamed. I don't know another answer, I feel my eyes welling up abit. BUT God IS good, and I have very mild form of CP, whatever that means Lots of education, I say this because it validates that I'm smart, how stupid is that? beautiful family, MOST people I know are unaware of my dirty little secret I had a revelation about 10 years ago, when people would ask why are you limping? I realized i could lie! or fib and say its my shoes Lets keep on keeping on, God bless and Happy Easter! Hope to stay in contact
karen

Old 04-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'll be glad to keep in touch with you. If I can help you I'll be glad to. Your right not much on adult c/p try typing older adults with c/p see if that helps It really didn't help me that much. Good Luck my friend . Happy holidays to you to.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #7
(female)

whitesugar HB User

OK, good advise on Doctor, yuck though, don't like those dr. It sure sounds like we have alot of the same issues though, I hate the cold, it is NOT my friend, neck back issues, and leg spasms, especially at night.
Blessings to you!
karen

The following user gives a hug of support to whitesugar:
jgrangran (04-23-2011)
Old 04-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I hope you have a good rest of the holiday week-end.

The following user gives a hug of support to jgrangran:
whitesugar (04-23-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to jgrangran For This Useful Post:
whitesugar (04-23-2011)
Old 05-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
(female)

iRebel HB User

I just joined this forum, out of the same desperation trying to find a channel where I could learn more about people who share the same "challenges" or at the very least, similar ones! As the saying goes here in the Arab world: "Ask someone who's suffered it rather than asking a doctor" (forgive the lose translation).

I am 28, born with CP, very mild, challenges with my limbs (weaker left leg and somewhat of a spasmed left hand), so of course this causes balancing issues uncoordinated movement. But I manage to walk on my own, mostly. So I've strived to lead as much of an independent life as I could, and considering the circumstances, I have.

I too haven't been seeing a doctor, kept getting distracted with trying to lead a normal life. Recently, I have been looking into stem cell therapy (has any of you girls considered it?!) Not so sure if it would succeed, chances don't seem that high, but they're not that low either; but at this point I'm thinking to try and know would be much better than not giving it a shot (even though, I know it would exhaust me financially and strain me emotionally) I'm not saying go for it, but why not look into it at the very least?

Either way, I am glad to come across your posts. Wish you both a good life and infinite hope.

Cheers x

Last edited by moderator2; 05-21-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Irebel sorry it took me so long of course if I can help you please let me know

Old 05-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
(female)

soon77 HB User

Hi dear
Yes I am a girl too, living in middle east with CP, I have been considering stem cell too! but its still under research, recently I read a disappointing article about it!

god bless

Last edited by moderator2; 05-21-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #12
(female)

iRebel HB User

Really? I am currently trying to arrange for a trip to Europe to check my prospects and see if it would work.

Last edited by moderator2; 05-21-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #13
(female)

iRebel HB User

Thank you The same goes for you of course. x

Old 05-25-2011, 05:07 AM   #14
(female)

soon77 HB User

Hi again...
pls do let us know how it goes!
I guess we all are hoping for a miracle!!
God bless

Closed Thread