It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
(female)

jacksters123 HB User
Smile My bf has CP

My Boyfriend has CP. We have never met but, We met on the internet randomly but, When we talk on the phone he makes me laugh and I'm always smiling. I've dated guys in the past but, with him it's different. He's so worried that when I do meet him that I won't like him but I'm always telling him that his disability does not matter to me. Yes, we have talked about marriage and children and he's worried that he won't be able to help me as much as he would like. I've told him many times that i would do it and he says maybe family would help.

I mean with him it's like I've never known a guy as great as he is..Yes, I'm nervous about meeting him but, I know we will hit it off cause on the phone we have such a great time and we have seen each other on webcam so we know what we're in for. With his CP he doesn't really have use of his left side he can walk and stuff but, He says that it's hard and very irritating. But, I'm willing to look past everything because he's such a great person and that's all I want is some one with a great heart and loving and that's what I've found. So, I think about when we meet and how far we will go and it makes me smile even more. The thing is I'm his first gf because noone was able to look past his disability and the fact that he can't drive and can't work. When, he found me he thought that it would be the same but, I proved him wrong. So my question is what can I expect when I meet him? Do you think that there is hope for me and him and having a life together? Thank you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
(female)

leetara HB User
Re: My bf has CP

People with CP have all the hopes and dreams of able bodied people but every relationship takes work on the part of both people. Everyone with Cp has issues but be open, honest, loving and caring and you will have a chance at a good relationship. I have been through the difficult relationships too but things are starting to look up but I too struggle for answers with CP related issues.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Steffers2318 HB User
Re: My bf has CP

Hi,

That's awesome you have an open mind...I will say in general I think people with CP may be more self conscious or unsure of their "worthiness" due to having been hurt by people before. So just be aware of that and try to be understanding of difficulties. Don't be afraid to ask questions about the CP as well. Good luck!

Closed Thread