It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 08:11 AM   #1
(female)

soon77 HB User
I am new here!

Hello...
I have been reading your board for a while, was very hesitant to write, but I really enjoyed reading your stories with CP, I have CP, I never been around with ppl having my condition, at some point you really want to talk with ppl sharing some of our experiences!
nice to be around

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-12-2011 at 03:56 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to soon77:
Leaciesmum (02-10-2011)
Old 02-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
(female)

Leaciesmum HB User
Thumbs up Re: I am new here!

Hi there ,
What type of CP do you have and how affected are you if you don't mind my asking.
I really love hearing from adults with CP, it gives me an insight into what Leacie has in store for her. One of my biggest concerns is once she's out the the 'childrens' classification that she'll be on her own. Hey I'm packing poop just knowing that she'll be loosing her in-home ECIS once she starts school and she'll only be getting minimal therapy at school.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-12-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Response to deleted text removed.

The following user gives a hug of support to Leaciesmum:
soon77 (02-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
(female)

leetara HB User
Re: I am new here!

Were you aware that women with cp often find it difficult to get their womens health issues looked after? We are often dismissed by doctors when we have issues of a female sexual nature.

The following user gives a hug of support to leetara:
soon77 (02-13-2011)
Old 02-13-2011, 05:16 AM   #4
(female)

soon77 HB User

Hello dear Leaciesmum...
Sorry for the late reply...
Well I have spastic CP, effecting my mainly my lower limbs.
I do walk with elbow crutch, I have been managing well with it, but for very long distances I do use wheelchair!
I am sure Leacie will have much more help and opportunities waiting for her in the future, just keep supporting her, she will do wonders
best of luck

Old 02-13-2011, 05:18 AM   #5
(female)

soon77 HB User

Hi dear...
I have not really experienced such a thing!
My be because I have not had many health issues thank god.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
(female)

leetara HB User

I have spastic CP too mostly in the lower limbs. I walk with elbow crutches and use a chair for long distance. I have just found the guy of my dreams and he is ready to make a sexual commitment to me. I am concerned as I do not know if I will have any issues as a result of CP. I know Birth Control is an issue at this point but don't know where to take all my questions. The last Doc I saw dismissed my issues when I asked about having my first Gyn exam because at that point I wasn't sexually active. is it difficult for a spastic woman to be examined?

Old 02-16-2011, 01:01 AM   #7
(female)

soon77 HB User

Dear Leetara,
I am really happy that things have worked out for you, hope everything goes very smoothly for you my dear.
Why contraception is an issue for you??! I clearly dont undesrtand what u mean by that?!
Regarding Gyn examination for spastic women, I guess it depends how spastic you are, I guess what u can do is to go to some doc that you feel comfortable with, u can ask her to wait till you are relaxed then preform the exam, you can aslo take a muscle relaxant prior to the exam.
I dont think there is anything major with the exam, you just need to relax.
wish you all the best.
let me know how it goes

Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 AM   #8
(female)

leetara HB User

Saw a female gyn yesterday and had no problems with the exam other than being embarassed.I found the breast exam to be embarassing and uncomfortable because I have big breasts so by the time she moved "south" there was no real problem just a bit of pressure.
Last night my partner and I decided we were ready to give sex a try.I got the giggles trying to help him put on a condom but once he entered me there was really not the kind of problem and pain I had been expecting. My partner has more experience than I so it probably wasn't the best sex he ever had but he was not complaining either.
By the way, the Gyn did not consider giving me the Birth Control Pill because of my mobility issues and the risk of women getting blood clots...so we settled on condoms for now!

Closed Thread