It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
(male)

estavares HB User
G/J Tubes and Mysterious Stomach Backup

My daughter has severe cerebral palsy and has a G/J tube for continual feeding. She had a Nissen to prevent reflux. She used to have only a G-tube, but then this mysterious condition started happening that nobody seems to be able to solve. Maybe someone on this board has seen the same thing?

Every so often, without any apparent cause, our daughter gets bloated, retches, tries to throw up regularly and bile starts showing up in her tube and bodily fluids. It's like her stomach just simply stopped working -- nothing moves, so the food stays there, begins to break down, and she is riddled with so much gas it fills her entire intestines (we have the X-rays to prove it).

Rather than cry in pain, however, she gets very sleepy and limp like death warmed over; occasionally she gets very painful gas, fairly low in her gut, which causes her to scream and cry and get an unusually high level of tone. We've all felt THAT kind of gas before, so that's less mysterious.

Has anyone on this board experienced, or know someone who experiences, occasionally lack of stomach mobility which leads to massive backup of the stomach and upper intestines?

Closed Thread