It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
(male)

CrippledCrow88 HB User
CP and successful weight loss tips?

Hello again guys, I just wanted to post this for any guidance when it comes to losing weight all while having the monkey on your back that is CP.

Last November I was 220lbs, and I had realized I needed to change before it would be far too late for me to do anything about it.

So I did, I exercised until I was sore, tried to eat less and it all seemed to be working out.

Now some of you know my latest ordeal "I'm new, and have a situation ahead of me." and if you haven't, more feedback is always welcome.

Much Love.

Anyways, at my Aunt's I am all over the place... housework, yardwork, running about town with them and amazingly I still find time to exercise.

and she cooks way healthier then my ex's parents ever did.

The problem? I am stuck at 185lbs(and I pat myself on the back for getting that far).

I have gone as far as loading up on metabolism boosting foods(Peppers: Jalapenos, Habaneros, Whole Grain Cereals, Apples, Green Tea, Multi - vitamins etc. ) or to exercising over my limits.

This week I am trying a food routine, Breakfast: Whole Grain Cereal, Yogurt, Orange Juice. Lunch: an Apple. Snack if needed: A pepper after exercising(No worries I have a stomach made of steel lol) and then Dinner as planned.

Any tips or weight loss stories are much appreciated and if anyone else is having weight goal issues while dealing with CP feel free to post them, we can all help each other out!

Laterz.

The Following User Says Thank You to CrippledCrow88 For This Useful Post:
jaramajo (05-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
(female)

stormzy1996 HB User
Re: CP and successful weight loss tips?

Heyy, i want to lose weight as well and i started to eat 3 squared meals a day and healthy snacks in between if i was hungry and the weight is just dropping off but i still need to lose a bit of weight....So just try and eat 3 small portion meals a day. xxxxx

Closed Thread

Tags
cerebral palsy, exercise, food choices, weight loss