It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
(female)

KarimsMUM HB User
What will the future look like?

LOL i'm sure every mum who has a child with CP wants to know that!! But I am just trying to gauge what things will be like for him. How much should I push him to do pt all the time, and he is really smart but finds it hard to keep up in class and he is only in grade 2. Any help or insight the older members can give would be good. He has spastic diplegia CP, uses walker for shorter and chair for long distances, had an osteotomy this year but hopefully he will get back to at least being able to walk around the house. He was able to take at least 15 steps by himself before the op. What should my expectations of his mobility be for the future?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
(female)

countrymusicgal HB User
Re: What will the future look like?

Well, I think everyone's different. I only had one surgery. While it helped me stand straighter I lost balance and some mobility I had before. PT is important but I would try to make it fun and not push him so much.

The Following User Says Thank You to countrymusicgal For This Useful Post:
KarimsMUM (06-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread