It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
(female)

meg1911 HB User
Smile New to the site and has a question.... :)

Hello!

I am so glad to have found this site. I can't believe I didn't search for a message board like this sooner. It is a rarity to find others like yourself, so to be able to communicate with others who have CP is exciting. I can't wait to get into the swing of things!

I might be the only one, but I thought it would not hurt to ask....

Do any of you that have a problem with visual perception find it difficult to sometimes back out of a parking space if you are between two cars? I had that issue tonight and last week too. Thankfully, God blessed me with a guardian angel tonight that helped me back out.....

I would love to know if there are others here who experience something similar.

Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2012, 12:45 AM   #2
(female)

yankeegirl HB Useryankeegirl HB Useryankeegirl HB Useryankeegirl HB User
Re: New to the site and has a question.... :)

I think I know what you mean. For me if the steering wheel were not left perfectly straight when the car was parked I would have trouble with it. I have always had trouble driving in reverse. My main visual issue driving though is merging onto a highway or changing a lane. I feel I cannot judge how far other cars are from me, or be able to quickly make the decision to merge or wait, even though I have passed all depth perception vision tests. Consequently I am very afraid of driving and only do it when I absolutely must.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply