It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
(female)

FreeLove HB User
I need reassurance.

I am 19 years old and living with CP all my life. I have a very mild case of it, I can basically do everything any other person can do. My biggest fear is not being able to have biological children...and I found out today from a friend that it could be possible because of my CP. I was born without a kidney and now I'm concerned that it might have effected my uterus..I've never been to a gynecologist because I'm abstinent and still a virgin but I want to go just to see what my chances are..If I can't give my husband children one day, I will be shattered beyond repair. I'm looking for reassurance and personal stories.

Thank you all.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
(female)

Leaciesmum HB User
Re: I need reassurance.

Hi there, honestly I can't see why your CP would stop you from falling pregnant and having a child. It might hinder a natural birth, depending on how affected your adductor muscles are (if you can spread your legs easilly), you may need a cesarean section if they are tight.

As for only having one kidney, 1 in 750 people are born with just one kidney. My husband only found out by accident he only had one when he had to have an ultrasound at age 42. It shouldn't affect your uterus. But if you have concerns you can get an ultrasound done, it should show if you have everything else in tact in there. You can also have blood tests done to make sure your hormone levels are okay. If you have having regular menstruation cycles that's a good sign that you are ovulating normally.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
(female)

FreeLove HB User

For the most part my cp has not effected my legs in a huge way. I had surgery on my foot to switch the muscles so my foot would go straight but I walk and run just fine. The thing is I don't know that much about cp because if doesn't effected me all that much. But thank you for the reassurance, I appreciate it

The following user gives a hug of support to FreeLove:
Leaciesmum (03-29-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
(female)

KimmieDee10 HB UserKimmieDee10 HB UserKimmieDee10 HB UserKimmieDee10 HB User

You shouldn't have a problem having kids, but if you really are concerned about some of your other organs, then you might want to have it checked out. But other than that, you shouldn't have a problem.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #5
(female)

CPmomma HB User

Hi there, I have mild CP that mainly affects my left foot (after reading one of your replies I think we have both had a similar surgery--bilateral tendon transfer?) Anyway, I have had two children. I had to have c-sections because my tendons in my thighs are too tight for a natural birth, but I was able to carry both of my girls full-term. :-)

Reply Reply