It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
(female)

Candi1989 HB User
Sister almost 30 cerebral palsy.

My sister has cerebral palsy, It affects her legs, she has to walk with crutches and her feet go the opposite direction and her toes curl over each other. She hasn't seen a doctor since she was in high school and she doesn't want to go back to a doctor because she says, "They poke and prode me and want to put me on medication." We noticed today that her legs were a little discolored. We figured it was poor curculation. We got her in the pool for the first time in years, she is terrified of water. She did very good and was kicking her legs and moving her arms which made her feel better. What else can we do to help get curculation going in her legs? Any other heath concerns we should be prepared for? Anything we can do to talk her into seeing a doctor? All stories and help would be much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
(female)

KimmieDee10 HB UserKimmieDee10 HB UserKimmieDee10 HB UserKimmieDee10 HB User
Re: Sister almost 30 cerebral palsy.

I would say keep her swimming. Also leg exercising will help and keep the blood flowing through them. She can do that at home. Do a lot of bending with the legs. It is okay to rub/massage the legs as many times as you can remember each day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply