It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
(female)

evelynjade HB User
My twin son was born with CP and his Twin brother is fine.

Hi. My Name is Ev, I'm new at this so I'm not sure what I'm really doing!! I have 4 kids all boy's. I had twin's the last time. It was a horrible pregnancy from day one. They are identical twins.At 20 or 21 wks along we found out that I had Twin to Twins Transfusion.I had to be rushed to Baltimore, for emergency surgery on the Twin's Placenta, b/c baby A was getting everything and weighted a 1lb 11oz where baby B weighted only 11oz and wasn't going to make it much long if I didn't have it done. And it was a good chance that he still wouldn't make it after the surgery(it was 50/50 where both could of died, and baby B had only a 10-20% chance of even making through the surgery all together) b/c the BEEP Dr's waited 2 weeks when I seen the surgeon he couldn't believe that they didn't have me up there the next day after we found out. It might have been prevented, But my High Risk Dr's made me wait two weeks to get me in knowing what was going on with the babies, well when I had them 6 weeks early baby B weighed more then his brother so the surgery worked he was 4lbs 7oz, baby A was 4lbs 4oz. When Jackson was delivered the Dr's knew right then and there something wasn't right with his head. He was born with a "small head" which is called Microcephaly and later on we found out he also had what is called "smooth brain" Lissencephaly, leading to him having Cerebral Palsy. They are 3yrs old now, baby A is perfectly fine healthy as a horse, and Jackson is healthy as a horse also but he's the size of a 9month old weighing now 25lbs. He can't do anything, can't hold his head up very long at all, can't sit up, hold his own bottle, crawl, walk, talk ect so basically it's like holding a new born. He's the happiest baby I've ever seen always smiling and giggling. He also has very bad muscle spams and his arms and legs are very tight he dont like to bend. He's on valium, and something else to help with all that, but I don't see where it's working much. We're very blessed that he's healthy, and don't have all of the bad risk that come along with Microcephaly, and Lissencephaly. Also very blessed to have the twins alive at all. They werent suppose to make it from the beginning, they are TRUELY MIRACLE BABIES EVEN ALL THE DR'S I SEEN THROUGH THE PREGNANCY HAS SAID SO. It put alot of stress on their father's and me relationship so after 10 yrs we are no longer together. Miss our family being together and wish things were different but I'D NEVER CHANGE I'M SO VERY BLESSED AND I WOULDN'T CHANGE THAT FOR NOTHING WHAT SO EVER.

The following user gives a hug of support to evelynjade:
KimmieDee10 (06-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
(female)

nwmom HB User
Re: My twin son was born with CP and his Twin brother is fine.

Best of luck to you!

Old 03-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
(female)

Meladell HB User
Re: My twin son was born with CP and his Twin brother is fine.

Hi Evelyn - can you message me? I have a very similar situation with my 4 month old and was wondering if you could answer some questions for me?

Reply Reply