It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
(female)

CarolinaGirl814 HB User
Living life with cerebral palsy

Hi! I was born with moderate spastic right side hemiplegic cerebral palsy. I wore a leg brace for eight years until my heel cord legnthening/tendon transfer operation in 2002. In 2004, I was offered a tendon transfer for my arm, but I opted out for many reasons. I went to occupational and physical therapy all through my childhood. I am now eighteen, and I feel like I am losing what little sensation in my arm and leg, that I already have, especially in my right arm. Is this really happening, or am I more aware of the condition now that I am older? Has this happened to anyone else with CP?

Last edited by CarolinaGirl814; 06-29-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
(male)

PMADrew09 HB User
Re: Living life with cerebral palsy

hey Carolina Girl

Names Drew I'm going on 26 and I have lost some sensation in my right arm (mild right sided hemiplegia).. i also have to wear a brace on my arm now because my arm wont relax and it draws up... i was recently hospitalized for my lower back problems and seizures and they think that the doctor may have made a misdiagnosis they believe that my CP might actually be spastic... i don't really understand what they mean because i have never talked to or met anyone who has CP before... so i really don't know much about it...stupid isn't it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
(male)

scott8828 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMADrew09 View Post
hey Carolina Girl

Names Drew I'm going on 26 and I have lost some sensation in my right arm (mild right sided hemiplegia).. i also have to wear a brace on my arm now because my arm wont relax and it draws up... i was recently hospitalized for my lower back problems and seizures and they think that the doctor may have made a misdiagnosis they believe that my CP might actually be spastic... i don't really understand what they mean because i have never talked to or met anyone who has CP before... so i really don't know much about it...stupid isn't it?
thats not stupid i have mild cp it only really affects my legs so i use a walker other then that I'm fine so because it doesn't really affect me i never really bothered to look into it i just live with it and I'm 23

The Following User Says Thank You to scott8828 For This Useful Post:
CarolinaGirl814 (06-29-2012)
Old 06-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #4
(female)

CarolinaGirl814 HB User

Thank you Drew and Scott. Having cerebral palsy isn't stupid, it is just annoying, but I know what you mean. I become very frustrated with my spasticity/weakness frequently along my entire right side, especially in my arm. My left arm becomes very tired from working ten times harder each day, but I usually continue the fight until the end of the night, when I.can rest, especially my good left side. If you both have questions, or just want to talk, I am here. :-) I know how frustrating CP is, but I do know that there are amazing things that we can do when we try our best. God bless!
~ CarolinaGirl

The Following User Says Thank You to CarolinaGirl814 For This Useful Post:
KimmieDee10 (07-02-2012)
Reply Reply