It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
(female)

SHANMAR HB User
Femoral derotation osteomy

Hi my 16 year old daughter is now 5 weeks post op with1. Bilateral proximal femoral derotition osteotomies,2.Bilateral rectus femoris releases,3. Bilateral hamstring release, are there any others out there who have been through this surgery, if so how did you cope with the long rehabilitation period which lies ahead after this surgery?

Old 07-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
(female)

cp4ag HB User
Re: Femoral derotation osteomy

Hi,
My daughter is 8 and we're told that she will have to go through similar surgeries in a couple of years. I would love to hear more from you about how the recovery goes.
I hope that is goes well and that you are pleased with the results.
Best wishes,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2012, 04:39 AM   #3
(female)

SHANMAR HB User
Re: Femoral derotation osteomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp4ag View Post
Hi,
My daughter is 8 and we're told that she will have to go through similar surgeries in a couple of years. I would love to hear more from you about how the recovery goes.
I hope that is goes well and that you are pleased with the results.
Best wishes,
Hi, just a wee response to your reply, my daughter is now 7 weeks post op today and has just had one of her leg braces removed and the other set to 95 degrees, she still has to wear them at night in bed both on 0 degrees to enable her to have stretch in her hamstrings,her wounds are healing beautifully and we have had no worries with them apart from a small reaction to the glue which they used to close her wounds, she is receiving physiotherapy at home 3 days a week, i do her physio on evenings and weekends and she has hydrotherapy 2 days a week,just now it feels like we're in boot camp, its a lot of hard work but already noticing changes, her legs are completely straight, whereas she had scissor gate before surgery, we have a lot of down days as she feels as though her indipendance has been taken from her, but she comes around again just as fast as she gets down...its going to be a long haul but we were prepared for this and i know its been the correct decision in going ahead with the surgery...il keep you posted and if you would like any more info il be glad to help.

Reply Reply