It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
(female)

eire430 HB User
Smile Others like myself

Hello! I am new to the board and I am curious to see if there are other people like myself. I am 36 years old and, of course, have cerebral palsy. I have a moderate case which was originally classified as quadriplegic spastic cerebral palsy due to the fact that all four limbs have been affected to some degree. With years of physical therapy and several operations I am able to walk but use crutches most of the time due to my balance. My speech was not at all affected nor was my mental abilities. I have lived a normal life: I got my drivers license I was 16, I graduated college with a bachelors degree, and have been a full-time teacher (of a regular general education class) for 13 years now. Is there anybody else out there that is similar to my situation?

Old 10-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
(female)

whitesugar HB User
Re: Others like myself

hey friend,
I dont know if your still checking this, I am you, well, not you, a 42 year old female who shares your story

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #3
(male)

dredwinf HB User

Ya my friends aunty also have same situation.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #4
(female)

yankeegirl HB Useryankeegirl HB Useryankeegirl HB Useryankeegirl HB User

Hi! I'm 37 and I have the spastic diplegia version. At home I hold onto furniture to walk. When I am out and not nervous I walk with two canes. If I know people are watching me and I am nervous I hold onto another person's arm to get around in public. I have just gone through physical therapy to walk with one cane. I can only do that if I am in a really low pressure situation. Anyway, I have my license too although I don't use it because I am quite scared of driving. I have a bachelor's degree also. My speech is normal and everything else that is not walking. Don't know if you are still looking for replies, but if you are, hello!

Old 11-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
(female)

Terra835 HB User

Hi, I have C.P. that causes me to walk with a limp and I cant stand for long periods of time. I also have a learning disability and I stutter but other then those factors Im a perfectly normal 29 year old.

Reply Reply