It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cerebral Palsy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
(female)

JaneDoe02 HB User
Questions

Hey all ! My boyfriend has CP, he's just moved to another city as he's taking his master degree at university... Anyway, he's been having some issues and as I have no idea how to make things better, it occured to me that I may ask others So, the first problem he's been dealing with for two weeks now is a backhead pain. He said he woke up one morning with his neck tight and since then it didn't stop hurting him, also he said he had this kind of pain before but it never lasted for so long. He doesn't have any muscle pain or something and he walks by himself and lives by himself so he doesn't have pain problems very often. He tried different pills and unguents but nothing worked. He went to the doctor and he said that it's gonna pass automatically but it didn't so far.
Another trouble he's having would be cutting his fingernails. He manages to do it but it takes a lot of time so i was thinking that maybe there are some tips for this.
Thank you all in advance And please excuse any grammar mistakes, I'm not a native English speaker.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #2
(female)

whitesugar HB User
Re: Questions

hey there It can be frustrating, but its true, just waiting it out tends to be the answer on the pain, stiff muscles, that sort of thing. Exercise and heat, as well, but who am i kidding LOL, it just seems to be a matter of time, it should get better sorry, no help on the nail issue, although.... It could be surbusniss, ok, i tried to look up the spelling, and couldn't find it its something i struggle with due to the cp, I can't thread a needle, i failed home meck Also i can't see in 3D, so i kinda think it sounds like that could be a similar issue, or just due to the detailed mannerism needed to clipping your nails? Hope that helps,
blessings, kk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
(female)

JaneDoe02 HB User

Hey, thanks for your answer!
No, it's not from the sight, although he wears glasses too, but only for reading and stuff, so no, it's due to the mannerism...

Oh, and here's another question... Any tips or ideas of how I could make my mother accept this relationship?

The following user gives a hug of support to JaneDoe02:
whitesugar (10-29-2012)
Old 10-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #4
(female)

whitesugar HB User

oh friend,

Thats a WHOLE different question!!

Why is your Mom against it? You had mentioned he had moved, do you think she is worried about the distance between the two of you? Or could it be due to the CP issues? Hows you Bo feeling? any better? You also mentioned your not a native English speaker, Your English is great! Where do you live, what nationality are you?
Blessings,
kk

Old 10-30-2012, 01:45 AM   #5
(female)

JaneDoe02 HB User

Hey, thanks I'm from Romania.
Yes, unfortunately it's because of the cp, it seems that she just can't accept the fact that he makes me really happy and that I'm not gonna become his caregiver as he doesn't need one!

Reply Reply